We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Free Tourist Maps?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
126 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
Free Tourist Maps?

Hi!

Do you guys know if most hotels provide free city maps? I'll be heading to HCMC, Hanoi, Nha Trang and Hoi An.

I can google some online and print them out... But if they are free and given out then it'll save me the trouble.

Are there tourism offices around the airport/city?

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Free Tourist Maps?

Most hotels, at least in Nha Trang, will supply you with a small map showing the immediate vicinity or the tourist area at least. If you own a smartphone or a tablet you can download an offline version of Google maps for the area in question. This latter option is what I use exclusively everywhere.

Edited: 17 September 2013, 23:38
London, United...
Level Contributor
129 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Free Tourist Maps?

The map I got off my hotel in Nha Trang was great. (Very detailed with main points of interest).

However, the same can't be said about the map I got off my hotel in Saigon.

I guess it's luck of the draw really.

Not every hotel provides the same type of map.

Some probably don't even have any to provide.

You don't want to be wasting time whilst you're there looking for a map.

Best off taking the time to print one at home and have it over and done with.

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
5,994 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Free Tourist Maps?

No problem in Nha Trang to get a free map from hotels or travel agents, there's quite a few different ones. There's also a free quarterly magazine that has a map of the city in it with all the tourist spots marked on it. The magazine is called what's on Nha Trang and is full of interesting articles and info of what you can do while in the Nha Trang area.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3,576 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Free Tourist Maps?

Your question is a good one, as are the responses thus far. However, I've always desired a good bus map, with all the various lines and routes, for a particular city. I do prefer travel by bus in the cities. I've mastered the routes of a couple cities but many are wanting. Good luck and Happy travels!

Richard

5. Re: Free Tourist Maps?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 September 2014, 05:18