We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money + General Questions

Brunswick...
5 posts
Save Topic
Money + General Questions

Me and my partner are travelling to Vietnam and Cambodia on Monday the 7th of October for 14 days (4 in Cambodia and 10 in Vietnam).

We have got a multi-currency cash passport loaded with $900 US and also approx. $500 US in cash, is this enough or will we need more?

Also in regards to getting vaccinations unfortunately we where a bit naive and stressed and didn't get our hep A or thyroid injections early enough.. Our doctor said don't worry about it as the shots would not be effective for another two weeks therefor useless for our first week and a bit into our holiday.

Has anybody gone over without these vaccinations? Is it safe to do so?

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Money + General Questions

That should be plenty. Assuming you share rooms, spend $30 a day on food (combined) and $50 a day on hotels (you can go much lower, if you prefer), that still comes to only $1,120. I spend about $6/day for food, coffee, drinks. That's when I'm not cooking. I realise that that is on the low side for most, but as you can tell, you get a long way on little money. Being on vacation and not living in Vietnam you will spend more, but still....

Now, how much are you going to spend on travels? Taking the bus or flying?

Edited: 02 October 2013, 09:09
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
189 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Money + General Questions

Dont worry re vaccinations- not necessary

Money should be enough- have you prepaid travel and accomodation ? My friend and I certainly spent more on food and drinks than Jim.... we mostly went to cafes rather than the 'street food' sellers so this is a little more expensive.. Eat up big if breakfast is included in your hotel price !

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,325 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Money + General Questions

chris545

Dont worry re vaccinations- not necessary

--------------------

Presumably you are medically qualified to make such a statement? Just because you have got away with any doesn't mean that the next person will do. But each to their own. I would usually go visit my local health practise or something like the WHO website to check up on the latest position and make a decision. Reading the OP first post he/she has already done so. Hopefully they are staying in the main tourist areas.

4. Re: Money + General Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2014, 05:19