We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Very UPSET!!! Really need some suggestions, please!

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Very UPSET!!! Really need some suggestions, please!

Hi there! First time post on the forum. Nice to meet all of you ;)

Since I'll start my journey to Vietnam soon, I did the research almost everyday to plan my trip but it seem like there are no progress at all!! I can't decide what i should do in many issues i.e. tour agent, transfer agent.. something like that.

It's a family trip with my parents and sisters so I desire everything runs smoothly and comfortably.

Here are the things that keep upsetting my mind:

1. I consider to use the private transfer from the Airport to the hotel (District 1) because we are group of five adults with, of course, five luggage and our flight will get there around 8 pm. I don't want to take any risk facing the problem at that time. I'm looking for a Mercedes Van for 12 seats, it costs 25$. The question is "Can I trust SATSCO?" or do you have other agents to suggest?

2. If SATSCO is trustworthy, I'll travel to Mui Ne (Or Ham tien Or Phu Hai.. I'm not sure where exactly the cliff resort is, in the map it looks like between Phu Hai and Ham tien) by taking their transfer service with a driver. It costs 140$ for 12 seats van. Is that seem to be okay?

3. And from Mui ne, I would like to go to Da Lat by, again, private transfer service. The problems is I still can't find the agent for that route except -Saigon2Muine.com- which I don't know if they are reliable or not.

I always a backpacker therefore I'm familiar with public transfer and go around by myself but this time is way too different due to I have to provide everything for the whole family. Feel a lil bit strange to deal with tourist agent. Need a lot of advice from you guys.

Looking forward to absorbing all information!

A HUGE Thanks to everyone <3

Khanh Sinh Travel
Cultural Tours, Eco Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours
Babetrekkingtour
Multi-day Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours, Cultural Tours
UK
Level Contributor
2,631 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Very UPSET!!! Really need some suggestions, please!

Relax.

If you don't want to trust SATSCO, and there's no reason why you shouldn't, ust ask your hotel to organize the transfer from the airport. Hotels love doing that, since they';ll take a cut.

You come out of the airport, look for the man holding up a card with your name, get in. Job done.

They can also source onward transport.

Easy peasy. Relax.

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Very UPSET!!! Really need some suggestions, please!

Thanks a lot. I'm doing my best to loosen myself. I won't be this nervous anymore if I travel with friends, LOL.

But about my parents, I feel like it's my responsibility that I have to arrange everything perfectly for them and just FYI, my parents didn't request for anything. It's me who worry too much...

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
55 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Very UPSET!!! Really need some suggestions, please!

If you've been worried that much, let a travel agent care it all for your family. There are many good travel companies in Ho Chi Minh City such as Thesinhtourist.vn or Ann Tour.

Mentioned in this post
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Very UPSET!!! Really need some suggestions, please!

Thank you so much. I already looked thesinhtourist but never heard Ann Tour before. I'll check it out.

:)

Level Contributor
703 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Very UPSET!!! Really need some suggestions, please!

Don't stress, I would just head left outside the airport doors and grab a large Vinasun or MaiLinh taxi, the 5 of you and luggage will easily fit as they are 7 seaters, we have put 7 adults in them before. Double check any prices to destinations with your hotel and any local travel agencies, there are probably at least 100 in District 1. Remember transport can be organised the day prior if you have to. From memory bus is easier to get to Mui ne

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Very UPSET!!! Really need some suggestions, please!

just tell to travel agent where u want to visit and they will arrange for you perfectly and you also know the itinerary

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Very UPSET!!! Really need some suggestions, please!

Thanks Brent98 :) I'm happy to hear that 7 seats taxi will fit for all of us.

Mixtourist Thank you. The point is "Which travel agent?" That the thing I'm concerned about.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Very UPSET!!! Really need some suggestions, please!

u should search topic travell agent in vietnam in TA. members suggets agents in this topic and u read comment for your reference

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
18 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Very UPSET!!! Really need some suggestions, please!

Thanks, I'll do that ;)

10. Re: Very UPSET!!! Really need some suggestions, please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2014, 05:19