We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First time visit itinerary. Nov/Dec

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
First time visit itinerary. Nov/Dec

Hello,

We are taking our first trip to Vietnam in a couple of weeks. We have booked our flights to and from HCMC. Weather looks best up north and down south. What do you think of this itinerary?

Day in HCMC

Day trip to Cu Chi Tunnels

2 Day Mekong Delta trip

Fly to Hanoi.

Day in Hanoi

2 Day Halong Bay trip

2 Day Sapa trip

Fly back to HCMC and travel to Mui Ne

3 days in Mui Ne

Travel back to HCMC to fly home that night.

Would be very grateful for any suggestions! Any alternatives to Mui Ne - we are looking for a few days on a beach?

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
leicester
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First time visit itinerary. Nov/Dec

Hi Belfast2009. Hopefully you are aware that to see Sapa you need three nights as to a night on the train either way and a night to recover in the middle! It may also be quite cold and the views not great due to mist, the paddies may not look as pretty and green either but I could be wrong as I've not been that late on. It should be warmer in the south so for beaches you could head for Nha Trang, Phu Quoc island or as you've suggested Mui Ne. Only comment is that it is a use itinerary and travel in VN is tiring and slow. You will be tired out if you stick to this as there is very little time to just sit and chill out, even in Mui Ni I doubt the three days will feel like it.

Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Khanh Hoa Province, Vietnam
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: First time visit itinerary. Nov/Dec

I would leave the a mekong Delta until you return from Hanoi to HCMC.

Fly Hanoi to HCMC, 2 day Mekong Delta, fly CanTho in the Mekong to Phu Quoc and have your beach relax there before flying back to HCMC.

Regards DG

Mentioned in this post
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
58 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: First time visit itinerary. Nov/Dec

Thanks for the information. Yes the itinerary is maybe a little busy.

DG, I hadn't thought of doing it that way. Are there trips that leave HCMC and finish up in Can Tho?

4. Re: First time visit itinerary. Nov/Dec

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2014, 06:21