We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

arrival and departure at different airports.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
arrival and departure at different airports.

Hi there! I am planing my trip to Vietnam in June next year but wondering if it's possible to arrive by plane at Hanoi and depart at Saigon.

Mentioned in this post
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,932 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: arrival and departure at different airports.

Yes it is, and vice versa. It's called an open-jaw return flight.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
64 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: arrival and departure at different airports.

Of course, provided that you haven't book the return ticket departing from Hanoi and there is a flight in Saigon that meets your requirement.

Mentioned in this post
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
Shoal Bay, Australia
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: arrival and departure at different airports.

I have been seriously checking out the same on line and watching different on line sights. Yesterday I went into popular flight agency and they beat everything on line by about 30/. Do your home work and then compare with the experts. You can pay in cash eliminating cr card fees and have a bit more support

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
15 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: arrival and departure at different airports.

Thanks so much Cozyland. Apparently I booked in-bound flight to Hanoi and out-bound from SGN.

Cheers.

Mentioned in this post
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
Australia
Level Contributor
367 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: arrival and departure at different airports.

I have been checking out flights myself to travel from Sydney to Hanoi and as far as I can see you cannot get a direct flight from Australia to Hanoi, you will have to change planes in Saigon then go on to Hanoi.

Mentioned in this post
Hanoi
Hanoi
Vietnam
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
3,576 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: arrival and departure at different airports.

In your case, an open-jaw flight will be particularly useful if you have a long vacation and can travel slowly from north to south. Good luck and Happy travels!

Richard

7. Re: arrival and departure at different airports.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2014, 05:17