We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pre-book accommodation, or not?

Johannesburg, South...
2 posts
Save Topic
Pre-book accommodation, or not?

Hi there

We will be travelling to Vietnam soon and wanted to know if it is better to pre-book accomodation or not?

A lot of accommodation sites such as agoda have well priced accommodation with no cancellation, we would like a little flexibility in our trip and stay longer at places we love, vice versa at places we don't like so much. If we pre-book our accommodation, we will not get such flexibility.

Another thing we are worried about is if we will find accommodation in Vietnam if we don't pre-book, due to hotels being fully booked when we get there.

Looking forward to your responses, thanks in advance :-)

Fedile

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
155 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pre-book accommodation, or not?

Hi

I've pre booked my 1st place

Then after that I have a list of 3 places I would like to stay in each area I'm going

From what I've read some like to wing it some like to be more organised.

Have fun

leicester
Level Contributor
1,868 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pre-book accommodation, or not?

In most places you will always find accommodation. If you are fussy, have specific needs or have set hotels in mind then you run the risk of not getting what you want. In my experience, a lot of hotels offer a similar room for a similar price as we always find something within our budget. If you book on Agoda it may be a few dollars cheaper than doing it as you o, bu you do lose flexibility if you wish to stay longer or move on. I would book your first night as you may arrive tired and disorientated and not have the desire to be walking the streets searching. Also if you are going somewhere less touristy such as Ninh Binh or Phong Nha you may book in advance as hotels are less in numbers. If you are travelling during Tet hotels may be booked up though I've never done it so I am only guessing that might be the case.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pre-book accommodation, or not?

It depends where and when you are going because of Vietnam holiday periods but if you're travelling outside this period then I would book in advance places like Hanoi after you've checked the reviews here on TA then book as you go along the evening before, maybe just for 1 night then stay longer if you like the place.

halong
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pre-book accommodation, or not?

do not pre-book hotel because it is easy to find it

also depend on when you travel, i recommend you not to travel during holiday/festival because you will be overcharged

5. Re: Pre-book accommodation, or not?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2014, 05:17