We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

vietnam resorts

pwhelli
Level Contributor
320 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
vietnam resorts

hi guys were looking for information on Vietnam , we have done India 7 times and Thailand many times too, were now looking at Vietnam for 4 weeks in Feb/March 14. First Question is does the pound go far as in South India we lived well in a nice sea facing apartment and scooter for less than £15 per day. Having never been to Vietnam were should we be looking for a quiet beach resort with train station close at hand for a visit up country for a few days. Any ideas , thankyou in advance

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
173 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: vietnam resorts

With £15 per day, you can live well in Vietnam too. If you choose to stay in a quiet beach resort, there's no way for you to have it with a train station close at hand. It's not quiet next to a train station and if it is, there's no resort there. To visit the country for a few days, stay in a central hotel to be easier in transferring here and there.

Wish you good choice and fun

leicester
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: vietnam resorts

I'm not sure you can get by on that money. Most hotels etc charge around £20 a night upwards and yes you can get cheaper but a lot or "resorts" have been purpose built and accommodation can be on the pricey side. Food and drink is cheap as is transport. It's also illegal to ride here without a Vietnamese driving licence so you won't be needing a scooter. Check out the weather as well, it can be cool in early part of the year.

Edited: 03 December 2013, 08:48
Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
591 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: vietnam resorts

feb and march are great months weather wise, still not too hot ...

for accommodation 15 sterling per day is lots

Pennsylvania, USA
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: vietnam resorts

Humm. some disagreement here. I am with JoLeicester that 15 sterling wont get you far at all for a beach resort in Vietnam (15 sterling=521,000 VND). Even aside from the beach resort, you would be hard pressed to get a basic hotel room for that amount.

Feb/March is still too cool for beach weather for me in Hoi An/Danang and some years even Nha Trang.

leicester
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: vietnam resorts

For that money, you can get hostels and perhaps even a basic hotel room but unlikely by the beach where the prices go up due to location. Food is cheap but its not free. If you do find a room near a beach and manage to live on £15 a day let me know, I will be going there! Perhaps these other posters who live there know something we don't as visitors???? Perhaps they can easily live on that sum as they don't pay what visitors do for sure.

Edited: 03 December 2013, 17:56
pwhelli
Level Contributor
320 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: vietnam resorts

wow thanks for the replies guys , we visited south India twice last winter and stayed in both varkala and kovalam and on both occasions paid no more than £12 per room per night overlooking the ocean , and they had fridges and cable tv and bathrooms etc, I was just trying to get a feel for how much people were paying in Vietnam.

I expected the weather to be similar to Krabi province which is southern Thailand , again thankyou for the replies , Stephen

7. Re: vietnam resorts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2014, 05:17