We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hoi An or Mui Ne

Glossop
5 posts
Save Topic
Hoi An or Mui Ne

Hi

My self and my partner mid 30's are traveling vietnam for 1mth in march

we land in Hanoi 18th march and will be working our way down the coast finishing off with 7-10 night relaxing at a beach distination before our departure from HCMC

I still carnt decide the best place to finish up our last week

At first we did decide Mui Ne as we would like to spend our days chilling on the beach and our evenings eating out haveing a drink music ect ect

After spening several days reading reveiws and finding Mui Ne is AKA Mosscow on sea

it has tainted my initial plan

i have no issue any race or creed but i have had negative exsp with russians in the past in Goa

any advice would be apriciated

We did plan on staying in either shades or ananda resort

Glossop
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hoi An or Mui Ne

No one ?

Forster, Australia
Level Contributor
1,202 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hoi An or Mui Ne

Tonyd, there are many parts of VN that are attracting large groups of Russians. Parts of the Phan Tiet/Mui Ne area and Nha Trang in particular, that being said though they tend to group together and ignore other races, as well as their own countrymen:-) IMO 7 - 10 days at a Vietnamese beach is a waste and way too long as VN is not really known for it's beach areas. Also be aware that the Mui Ne area is known for its attraction to wind surfers and the beach is not really a 'chill out' place on the sand once the breeze picks up. Pho Quoc gets really good reports from other TA people, but I have not been there, yet.

Greg

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hoi An or Mui Ne

I am planning a trip and had the same question, In the end I chose Hoi an as there is far more on offer.

Sam

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,778 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hoi An or Mui Ne

Without doubt Hoian has more to offer plus if you are beginning your trip in hanoi it's easier to get to Hoian

You could do everything you want in the north then fly to Hue (that's if you want to see Hue) after which you can take the train or a car over the Hai Van Pass and into Hoian. Or if you wanted to by-pass Hue just take a flight into Danang for Hoian

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,778 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hoi An or Mui Ne

Without doubt Hoian has more to offer plus if you are beginning your trip in hanoi it's easier to get to Hoian

You could do everything you want in the north then fly to Hue (that's if you want to see Hue) after which you can take the train or a car over the Hai Van Pass and into Hoian. Or if you wanted to by-pass Hue just take a flight into Danang for Hoian

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
183 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Hoi An or Mui Ne

From Ho Chinh Minh, you can relax at Vung Tau beach city or fly to Phu Quoc island or Con Dao Island, Three site is value than Phan Thiet - Mui Ne.

Good luck.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
306 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hoi An or Mui Ne

Mui Ne and Hoi An are very different experiences. For sure Hoi An has more to offer for food, culture, shopping and general things to do. If you just want to chill at a resort, it doesn't matter much where you go as either will be fine. Mui Ne area is one long strip of resorts, restaurants, and a few shops and massage places, completely catering to tourists. One end has more Russian tourists and signs, but the other end, near Grace Resort where I stayed does not. Many places have nice pools and areas near the beach to lay out, even if the water is high and the proper beach is not available. If the weather is good at the time you are there, I would opt for Hoi An.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
545 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hoi An or Mui Ne

Have stayed in Hoi An, Mui Ne and Phu Quoc.

Loved Hoi An, it has a great feel to the town; (Going again in April)

Mui Ne was too windy, however our hotel was lovely to chill beside the pool (not much else to do there). I did get a shock when I saw the signs and menu's in Russian.

Phu Quoc was also relaxing, but also not much to do, but we needed to do that at the end of our month in Vietnam.

9. Re: Hoi An or Mui Ne

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2015, 07:18