We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vietnam, general information for starters ( first-timer )

Oostende...
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
Vietnam, general information for starters ( first-timer )

Dear community,

I would like to go visit Vietnam this year, around November/December.

I had a few question, looking for a few suggestions maybe.

1) The first BIG question is, what do you view as MOST worth visitting?

2) How is public transportation in Vietnam ( Compared to Thailand, Cambodia ) ?

3) How long would you recommend for a holiday to see as much as possible of the worthy views in Vietnam?

4) Is November/December a good time to visit Vietnam?

Thank you for your time.

leicester
Level Contributor
2,061 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vietnam, general information for starters ( first-timer )

Hi,

1) its a big country and no one can tell you what you will like so suggest you read up on the main places to see what appeals. Without knowing what you enjoy, hw long you have or how you will be travelling its an impossible question.

2) transport is fairly easy and cheap to fly or use the train . Buses are not recommended. Travel can take longer than you expect in VN

3) from two weeks to six months, hard to say as it depends on what you hope to do. If its two weeks, best to chose either north or south. A month gives you a pretty good overview of the country but will be rushed to see it all.

4) north and south have different climates so may not suit you. As before, depends what you decide to do.

I would recommend you read up some more so you have a better idea of what to expect and what appeals. Try Travelfish as a good start or click on the green tab above on Vietnam and look at Attractions. Good luck planning.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,907 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vietnam, general information for starters ( first-timer )

Nov-Dec is pretty nice in VN (suggest you start in the North in late Nov) - I agree, travelfish.org is the best resource for SE Asia travel info

(it's a great place, and the people here are even greater!)

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Vietnam, general information for starters ( first-timer )

Nov-Dec is pretty chilly from Quy Nhon and up. Anyone harboring the thoughts of a tropical country should be aware of that.

4. Re: Vietnam, general information for starters ( first-timer )

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 January 2015, 05:17