We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Haylong Bay Junk Boat 1 night or 2

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
15 posts
145 reviews
Save Topic
Haylong Bay Junk Boat 1 night or 2

I am thinking of going to Haylong Bay for 2 nights, however I have received mixed reviews on if to got for 1 or 1 nights? Any thoughts?

Edited: 09 January 2014, 12:12
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
153 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Haylong Bay Junk Boat 1 night or 2

It depends your budget & time but 3 days 2 nights on cruise is the best choice. Besides, you can consider spend 1st night on cruise in Halong bay & 2nd night in Cat Ba island.

Renmark, Australia
Level Contributor
74 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Haylong Bay Junk Boat 1 night or 2

Certainly Three day Two nights we travelled with Paradise Cruises outstanding.

Safe Traveling.

Nansha, China
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Haylong Bay Junk Boat 1 night or 2

We just did the 3 day 2 night cruise over Christmas. It was a highlight of our Vietnam trip. Because it's a long 4 hour drive from Hanoi we were really glad to do the 2 night cruise as we got to relax more and see additional things around the Bay. Work the extra money!

Sapa
Level Contributor
471 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Haylong Bay Junk Boat 1 night or 2

2 days 1 night on the boat will be fine and if you have a lot time staying in Vietnam, time can be extended for Halong tour.

Sapa Sunshine Travel

Hanoi
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Haylong Bay Junk Boat 1 night or 2

The first choice is 3 days 2 nights but not for this time. 2 days 1 night in fine because it's a bit cold in Halong Bay so that it's a bit difficult to enjoy whole activities.

leicester
Level Contributor
1,964 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Haylong Bay Junk Boat 1 night or 2

Hi Sam,

If you go for one night, you will spend 4 hours each way on a bus, depart at midday and return by midday the next day. Take out time for eating and sleeping and you don't really have that long on the boat. Two nights at least gives you a full day on board to relax, enjoy the varied activities on offer and if the weather is good the sun deck can be a great place to sit and watch it all going by you. I can't imagine being bored by that view myself but people do say it gets boring after a few hours. We did kayaking, swimming, time on a beach, dinner in a cave, and visited a floating fishing village all of which were very enjoyable and didn't feel overly touristy.

It depends on how many other things you want to do but in my experience of Vietnam, the extra days taken here and there slow you down and allow you to feel things rather just see them if that makes sense.

Hanoi
Level Contributor
121 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Haylong Bay Junk Boat 1 night or 2

Hi Sam,

The weather plays an important role to make your trip. If the weather is nice, let's go for 3 days 2 nights if not let's do 2 days 1 night

8. Re: Haylong Bay Junk Boat 1 night or 2

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 January 2015, 05:17