We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel/Fl and Flight Advice Vietnam and Cambodia

hull
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Travel/Fl and Flight Advice Vietnam and Cambodia

""Hi!

I am looking for a flight from either London or Manchester to Hanoi on the outward journey. Then a return journey from either Ho Chi Minh or Pnomh Penh to London/Manchester.

I would like to find the cheapest flight without too many stop offs.

I can travel from around the weekend of the 12th April as long as I am back in the UK for approx23rd May.

I am planning on travelling for a month, so would like to see the cheapest options for this.

Also, if you could advise whether any of the airlines allow a stop over (and where) on the outward/inward journey that would also be useful.

Also, if you could advise whether any of the airlines allow a stop over (and where) on the outward/inward journey that would also be useful.

Also considering a week in Cambodia at the beach would you recommend this and best method of including it in our tour ( we only have a month in all between the two countries)

Please also advise number of stops and journey times too.

There will be 2 adult passengers travelling.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
1. Re: Travel/Fl and Flight Advice Vietnam and Cambodia

You should use one of the online flight finders like momondo. TA is not really equipped for travel agency work.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
15,146 posts
74 reviews
2. Re: Travel/Fl and Flight Advice Vietnam and Cambodia

I agree - go see a good travel agent

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,940 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: Travel/Fl and Flight Advice Vietnam and Cambodia

Just to add to the above, Trip Advisor is all about travellers from many places in the world giving up some of their spare time to help fellow travellers, and we are always happy to do so when our knowledge allows.

However there are some things that are unreasonable to ask, including expecting volunteers to do extensive internet searches on your behalf that you really should do for yourself. Hence the travel agent comments. With or without the help of a travel agent, all of us here work out our own flight arrangements each time we visit Vietnam, some of which are straightforward and some are complicated but probably don't match yours, including mine, even though I fly from the UK.

Once you have your flights sorted, you will be most welcome to ask specific questions here about various aspects of holidaying and travelling in Vietnam, although there is barely a question that hasn't been asked countless times before so the search function is an invaluable tool in that regard. As is travelfish.org for both Vietnam and Cambodia.

Lincoln, United...
Level Contributor
8,990 posts
46 reviews
4. Re: Travel/Fl and Flight Advice Vietnam and Cambodia

Try skyscanner.net. As for flying from Manchester, Qatar came in quite cheap when I need to book a ticket flying from there.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
19,744 posts
84 reviews
5. Re: Travel/Fl and Flight Advice Vietnam and Cambodia

you could also check out http://matrix.itasoftware.com/

hull
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
6. Re: Travel/Fl and Flight Advice Vietnam and Cambodia

thanks I found Travelfish informative

hull
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: Travel/Fl and Flight Advice Vietnam and Cambodia

thanks

I have got booked with Quator airlines via Ebookers which were cheaper that booking direct with the airline and also allowed me to fly into Hanoi and out of Cambodia to return home enabling us to make most use of out travel without backtracking.

Travelfish gave me some good info about traveling by boat from Vietnam to Cambodia as part of holiday experience taking in the Mekong delta

8. Re: Travel/Fl and Flight Advice Vietnam and Cambodia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 February 2015, 05:18