We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easiest way to get a Visa for Vietnam

Dubai, United Arab...
Level Contributor
72 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Easiest way to get a Visa for Vietnam

I have a british passport but currently a resident in UAE and I want to go on a 10 day holiday to Vietnam.

Whats the best way to get a visa without having to faff around at the airport when we land?

Thanks for any advice/help :)

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,501 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easiest way to get a Visa for Vietnam

Read the FAQ Visa on Arrival at the right of the screen and all will be revealed...there may be some faffing around at the airport but unless you can easily get to a Viet Embassy or are willing to trust your passport to the vagaries of foreign post it's really your only option.

Edited: 26 January 2014, 11:01
Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
336 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easiest way to get a Visa for Vietnam

Am I right in assuming if I send my passport to Embassy in USA for a real Visa , I eliminate the hassle of lines and confusion at HCM airport. Worth the extra $ to me. My last entry in Hanoi was chaos at VOA desk.

Also I will be traveling for a month out of the USA before entering Vietnam. How soon do I have to enter after receiving an Embassy visa.

Thanks

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,501 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easiest way to get a Visa for Vietnam

"Am I right in assuming if I send my passport to Embassy in USA for a real Visa , I eliminate the hassle of lines and confusion at HCM airport."

Some of it. You still have to clear Immigration.

Your visa will have an entry date on it (which you tell them is when you want to arrive on your application). You can't enter before that date, but you can enter after it, a long as you leave before the expiry date.

4. Re: Easiest way to get a Visa for Vietnam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 January 2015, 06:19