We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which City

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
344 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Which City

3 days to spend in Vietnam in November.

Should we choose Hanoi or Saigon and why?

Thanks

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
344 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which City

Just as an additional question I am flabbergasted how bad an airport Hanoi is for flights and prices compared to Saigon.

We will be coming from Kuala Lumpur and continuing to Siem Reap. And the airfares are 3x as much and the times are terrible.

Does anybody know airlines that might not show up in major search engines??

Also the weather differences in mid november between the 2 cities.

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,713 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which City

Firecat, if you type Hanoi or HCMC in the search box just above your post you will find links to hundreds of posts on that subject. Some are old, some are recent, but all are relevant because the reasons for choosing one over the other remain the same.

Brisbane, Australia
Destination Expert
for Hue
Level Contributor
2,097 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which City

As far as I know only Vietnam, Malaysian and Air Asia fly direct. AirAsia is cheapest by a long way and I have met travellers who have come to Hanoi from KL with tuem on ridiculously low fares. But you have to be willing to wait and watch for promotions for those.

HCMC is a popular destination for Malaysian tourists and greater demand would be a part of the reason there are more flights landing each day from KL .

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
6,204 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which City

Weather wise, it's a toss-up, as far as the average goes.

It boils down to your own preferences and what you are looking for.

Regards,

John

leicester
Level Contributor
1,933 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which City

I would say that HCMC is more westernised and Hanoi is more cultural especially the Old Quarter. Hanoi is very unique in my opinion vs HCMC that is similar to lots of big cities in Asia.

6. Re: Which City

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 April 2015, 06:15