We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can I take tea and coffee into Vietnam?

Australia
Level Contributor
356 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Can I take tea and coffee into Vietnam?

Can anyone tell me if it's ok to bring coffee and tea bags into Vietnam? Do I just have to declare them? Or wouldn't it be worth the hassle at the airport to bring them in? Thanks

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,917 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can I take tea and coffee into Vietnam?

You can, but it's a bit like taking coal to Newcastle - both tea and coffee are grown in Vietnam and Vietnamese coffee is arguably the best in the world.

Whilst the loose tea is good, the tea bags available might not be to your taste. I need industrial strength tea with milk and sugar to get rid of the cobwebs in the morning and Vietnamese tea bags simply aren't up to the job, so I do take my own supply with me for that very purpose.

Sydney
Level Contributor
4,063 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can I take tea and coffee into Vietnam?

Interesting concept :-)

I am leaving Vn on Friday and planning to take about 5 kg of Trung Nguyen S blend out of the country. Most hotels of every budget carry the Nescafes etc... And you will find latte's, caps etc.. In most locations. Vn is now the second largest exporter of coffee and there is a reason for this. It's bloody good :-)

Don't stress about customs.

Mark

3. Re: Can I take tea and coffee into Vietnam?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 21 May 2014, 18:05
Cologne, Germany
Level Contributor
1,112 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can I take tea and coffee into Vietnam?

Vietnam is the world's second biggest producer of coffee (after Brazil), no need to bring coffee. Tasteful coffee is available everywhere.

Ba Ria-Vung Tau...
Level Contributor
890 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can I take tea and coffee into Vietnam?

Vietnam is the worlds biggest exporter as of some time ago

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can I take tea and coffee into Vietnam?

No need to bring coffee in but very hard to get decent tea in Vietnam - apart from the local green tea, it's Lipton or nothing. I used to regularly get PG Tips shipped in from the UK. You may be able to track down a box of Tetley at Veggys but safer to bring your own.

sydney
Destination Expert
for Cambodia
Level Contributor
18,953 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can I take tea and coffee into Vietnam?

We're not tea drinkers but met an English lady on our Halong cruise who complained of being unable to get a 'decent cup of tea' - forget the coffee, just bring the tea bags if you are a serious tea drinker

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Can I take tea and coffee into Vietnam?

Exactly. Being a Brit I drink 3-4 cups a day, and Lipton just doesn't cut it!

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Can I take tea and coffee into Vietnam?

Thank &deity for difference in tastes. I bring kilos of tea back from Vietnam every year. Lipton won't ever touch my mugs. Then again, in Vietnam anything that looks like a leaf qualifies as tea, so I admit that it does take a bit of research to find the good stuff.

10. Re: Can I take tea and coffee into Vietnam?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 May 2015, 05:15