We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brief Overview

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Brief Overview

Hi,

I am a big fan of holidaying in Thailand my girlfriend and I love the beaches, the weather, the activities/things to do, the shopping and the nightlife however given the uncertainties I am thinking of trying somewhere different next February and one option is Vietnam. Being honest I dont have a lot of knowledge of Vietnam, can anyone offer a brief bit of advice of where you would recommend to stay given my interets I have mentioned above. I only need a brief bit of info so I can carry out my own research.

Any advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance,

Mark.

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,875 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brief Overview

MarkWoz, a very good place to start with your basic research (but not for up-to-date hotel or restaurant recommendations) is http://www.travelfish.org/country/vietnam .

Once you have read the pages on that website and narrowed down the places in Vietnam that would appeal to your interests, then previous posts on this forum, plus the 'Things to do', 'Hotels' and 'Restaurants' tabs on the green bar at the top of the page, will provide a wealth of information.

Happy researching!

leicester
Level Contributor
2,111 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Brief Overview

Very different countries, which makes it hard to suggest places as they will not replicate where you have been. As Creaking Bones says, look at Travel Fish. Pick out a few places that appeal and use Google images to get an idea of what appeals. Then research it more and see if it still appeals. Without a doubt it will be a different holiday as Vietnam is not as developed as much of Thailand. Mostly the beaches are in the south or central of the country so if that is important you may well be best to head south. Hoi An has a good mix of both beach and shopping,.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
68 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brief Overview

Thanks for the info,

Mark.

Wirral
Level Contributor
755 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Brief Overview

Hi Mark,

Have a look at Phu quoc island for a beach destination, however I would also recommend spending a few days in Saigon on either the way out to Phu quoc or alternatively on the way back. Do also look at when Tet falls in 2015 as this can make travel a bit more difficult.

Regards

bb

5. Re: Brief Overview

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 June 2015, 05:16