We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a 9 day China excursion starting from Hanoi

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
38 posts
597 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a 9 day China excursion starting from Hanoi

I have seen older topics on that, which were closed by TA, so I am asking anew:

From oct. 10th I have 9 days to explore China. Starting from Hanoi, I envision to check out Beijing, the great wall, Xi'an, Guilin and Shanghai or any variation thereof. Will be traveling with my 10 year old son. So, besides sight seeing, some fun activities (kayaking, rafting, not yet bungee jumping :) ) would be cool too. I know that there are a million offer on the web, but they are hard to navigate and often assume starting point is US or UK .. maybe some local travel agent has something in mind. Does not have to be backpacker cheap, but also not 5star ... thanks

Ho Chi Minh City...
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
9,595 posts
183 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a 9 day China excursion starting from Hanoi

I doubt you will get much response in the Vietnam forum.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
38 posts
597 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a 9 day China excursion starting from Hanoi

Thanks, but my search revealed similar posts (with good answers) IN the Vietnam Forum ... :D

leicester
Level Contributor
1,865 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a 9 day China excursion starting from Hanoi

I did a short tour of China a few years ago, Beijing, Xian only and to see what we saw ie Forbidden City, Summer Palace, T Square, the Great Wall and the terracotta armies took us 6 full days with travel and meals etc. not sure you will want to do all that with your young son, it is very tiring and hard work. We did it when it was cold, can't imagine it if its hot. Add in the activities you want to do, I wouldn't think anyone would offer such a packed schedule. Not a reputable agent anyway.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
38 posts
597 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a 9 day China excursion starting from Hanoi

Thanks! Great input!

5. Re: Looking for a 9 day China excursion starting from Hanoi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 June 2015, 06:16