We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary advice

Puyallup, Washington
Level Contributor
55 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Itinerary advice

Hello! Here is my itinerary after posting here earlier I took into account the advice of my fellow tripadvisors. How does this look?

Day 1: Arrive in Hanoi stay the night

Day 2: Halong Bay (any suggestions for cruise companies? What cruises you enjoyed?)

Day 3: Halong Bay

Day 4: Halong Bay

Day 5: Train to Hue

Day 6: Hue

Day 7: Train to Danang car to Hoi An

Day 8: Hoi An

Day 9: Hoi An

Day 10: Fly to Ho Chi Minh

Day 11: Ho Chi Minh

Day 12: Ho Chi Minh

Day 13: Leave

Any locations I am missing that are a MUST see? Any cities on here I could skip or spend less time on? Any tips help.

Thank you!

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
101 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinerary advice

Your itinerary is OK. Suggest Sapa and Ninh Binh in the North of Vietnam. Dont you pay any time for Hanoi?

leicester
Level Contributor
1,909 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Itinerary advice

You have four days in HCMC and no time at all in Hanoi, in my opinion the more interesting of the two cities by far. HCMC is a large westernised place, Hanoi Old Quarter is a fascinating look at somewhere very unique. Can you juggle this so you have more time in Hanoi? Two nights on Halong Bay is good as it will be relaxing for you. We did a two night cruise on Dragons Pearl which was excellent value and everything was to a high standard. They usually get good reviews on here. I think the company is Indochina Junks and we were really happy with our trip.

Depending on when you travel of course, as the weather can make a difference to your plans ie Hoi An or Halong may not be options so keep your plans flexible.

3. Re: Itinerary advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 July 2015, 05:16