We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inspiring Asia

Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Inspiring Asia

I am planning a trip in November to Vietnam. My favorite itinerary was put together by the tour company Inspiring Asia via a travel quote submission through Zicasso. They have excellent reviews on that site, but I can't find any here. Has anyone used them? Reputable? Deliver what promised? Safe?

Thanks!!

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,713 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inspiring Asia

That's not a name that has come up on this forum before, but there are so many travel agents in Vietnam that offer more or less the same thing and deliver to greater or lesser extents.

1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Inspiring Asia

let me know if you book with them - we are looking to do the same and had the same questions.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inspiring Asia

Why do I feel that an attempted tout is in progress?

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,474 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Inspiring Asia

Who is Zicasso ? The travel agents agent ? If so someone has to be paying them, and the traveller will bear that cost if this is the case.

Cheers Ross

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Inspiring Asia

Zicasso is a really good site that enables local tour operators/ground handlers the chance to "bid" for travellers' business. Good way to get quotes from several operators without spending hours trawling the internet & sending emails.

6. Re: Inspiring Asia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 06 December 2014, 02:06
rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
20,923 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Inspiring Asia

Hi Kelvin, clearly you haven't read the posting guidelines for TripAdvisor as you are not permitted to advertise your business here or include hot links to your website.

Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Inspiring Asia

Just wanted to follow up with everyone. I did go ahead and book my travel with Inspiring Asia and had an unbelievably fantastic experience. Every little detail flowed smoothly and my itinerary was tailored completely to my requests. We could not have had more knowledgeable guides, our drivers were amazing, and pretty much our every whim was accommodated (i.e. we were supposed to just have a quick photo op in one location, but decided we wanted to stay for an hour or so and have a couple of drinks on the beach...no problem; one day I was overheated and didn't want to tour the scheduled sites...no problem, they found new ones that were inside and air conditioned). I really cannot give enough positive feedback.

This trip was booked as an "add-on" to a class trip to China for my MBA. When I returned, I told the director of the MBA program that we should be going to Vietnam to study emerging markets, not China and that they should use Inspiring Asia to handle the travel arrangements. (MBA program at LSU).

Kelvin, the owner, even checked in to make sure everything met our expectations and met us on our last night for drinks.

This is a trip I will never forget and I would recommend this team for planning any travel in Southeast Asia. I will provide more specifics, upon request, but want to limit this to a general update, so as to not abuse this forum.

Cheers!!

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,474 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Inspiring Asia

This latest post doesn't alter the fact that Kelvin is prepared to break the rules on TA.

These pages have a search facility which most members use to obtain independent recommendations. When a poster with a low post count makes a post there is the inherent risk that the post is either a tout for a business, an agent in disguise or a post which is the result of a requested review. We see dozens of these and along with other peculiarities are deemed bogus.

I am saying this to alert new members to possible rorts, and I am not singling out the poster.

Cheers Ross

Level Contributor
3 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Inspiring Asia

Cheers, Ross! You have me incorrectly "profiled". Should you require documentation, I'm willing to provide it. I'm just a person who had a question before booking, didn't get a timely response, booked it anyway, and had a wonderful time. Real people do have good experiences and don't feel the need to post about them consistently.

All the best to you and hope you can stop being such a doubting Thomas. Not everyone is "for sale".