We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beach for End of year - Boracay, Vietnam or Sihanoukvile?

San Francisco
Level Contributor
54 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Beach for End of year - Boracay, Vietnam or Sihanoukvile?

I am going to Vietnam for 15 days at the end of the year. I will spend time in Saigon and Seam Reap but I would like to spend one week at a cool beach. I need to decide between Boracay or Cebu (Philippines), The south Vietnam beaches (Nha Trang or Mui Ne) or sihanoukville in Cambodia or any Thai beach. I have been to Phuket, etc last year and wanted a different experience. Any suggestions?

We would like to relax but also have some good fun..

Thanks in advance for the advice

DC

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beach for End of year - Boracay, Vietnam or Sihanoukvile?

Philippines is right up there with Thailand when it comes to the best beaches in Asia. Those in Vietnam or Cambodia aren't even close. So go for Philippines or head back to Thailand & try Krabi, Samui or one of the quieter islands like Koh Kood or Koh Samet this time.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,714 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beach for End of year - Boracay, Vietnam or Sihanoukvile?

There are some spectacular beaches in Vietnam. Alas, they are not easily accessible, as you will need private transportation to get there or risk a public coach and ask to be set down at your pleasure. For a 15 day stay along the tourist trails I would agree with Timmyruss.

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,529 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beach for End of year - Boracay, Vietnam or Sihanoukvile?

Physically and geographically VN beaches do not rate as the others have said.

However the background is not the beach, apart from sand. What goes down as a beach these days includes proximity of food, good bars and a laidback attitude. Mui Ne or rather Ham Tien as it should be known has this in spades, and brings me back to it at least 5 times a year, and I am a retired Australian Lifeguard who has spent all his life on or around the beaches of this planet.

I would suggest a bit more research is required because beaches are not just glossy photo-shopped travel brochures.

Cheers Ross

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,043 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Beach for End of year - Boracay, Vietnam or Sihanoukvile?

Boracay for a nice relaxing beach with bars/restaurants.

Having spent some time in Mui Ne myself I too am a big fan. If Vietnam is your destination then MuiNe/Ham Tien is a must.

5. Re: Beach for End of year - Boracay, Vietnam or Sihanoukvile?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 August 2015, 06:17