We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Luggage

Puyallup, Washington
Level Contributor
58 posts
46 reviews
Save Topic
Luggage

We have a trip to Vietnam this Fall and one question I have is where to keep luggage when checking out of a hotel. For instance when we go to Sa Pa check out time is lets say 11am but the train isn't until 10pm. Do the hotels keep your luggage for you while you adventure? Do you backpack so you can carry everything around?

UK
Level Contributor
1,589 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Luggage

Yet to find a hotel which won't hang on to my luggage.

Security is variable, but I never have anything of value with me so I don't care. Some places just stack it up and you help yourself to what you want when you come back, Some places issue receipts which they check.

Conditions are variable. Sometimes air-conditioned, sometimes not. I've come back after 10 days to a bag where everything is just a little bit more mouldy than I'd like.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
13,908 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Luggage

Yes, it's not a big problem because all hotels store luggage. I want to warn you about bringing too much - especially to Sapa. Most people keep the bulk of their luggage at their Hanoi hotels while in Sapa or Halong Bay. You don't need/want many clothes in Vietnam - laundry services are very good and most have 24 hr turnaround. The really smart people only use a small-medium size backpack.

If you need space for gifts or other purchases, inexpensive bags can be bought here.

(Do not store valuables in checked baggage or when you leave it at a hotel - all hotels have some kind of safekeeping)

Puyallup, Washington
Level Contributor
58 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Luggage

Thank you!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,043 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Luggage

Travel light.

5. Re: Luggage

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2015, 06:16