We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Can i get recommendations for 1 or 2 nights on Halong Bay.

Adelaide, Australia
4 posts
Save Topic
Can i get recommendations for 1 or 2 nights on Halong Bay.

Heading to Vietnam for 7 days and plan to do 1 or 2 nights on Halong Bay, can I ask for a recommendation for a good company to book with. Also do i need to book ahead? Currently we have booked 1st 2 nights accommodation and plan to do the rest when we get there??

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
142 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Can i get recommendations for 1 or 2 nights on Halong Bay.

Hi AngelaCB21

We did the 2 night Halong Bay this year and went with Indochina Sails. It was a fabulous experience the accomodation food etc. was exceptional. We are glad we chose the 2 night as by the time you get there and get onboard and start cruising one night would have gone by so quickly and before you know it you would have been back on the horrendous road journey to Hanoi. We booked through Halongsapa Tours they also did the Sapa bookings for us. They are a husband and wife team who give the most amazing service.

Have a great time.

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
10,083 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Can i get recommendations for 1 or 2 nights on Halong Bay.

I was talking to two people recently who got a great last minute deal while in Hanoi. I did not get the name of the junk or company from them.

I am not willing to take a chance as I want a particular junk so I have booked ahead. There are some reviews and many different opinions if you look.

tripadvisor.ca/Attraction_Review-g293923-d19…

You can also google any company or boat and see what comes up.

leicester
Level Contributor
1,866 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Can i get recommendations for 1 or 2 nights on Halong Bay.

We did a two night trip on the Dragons pearl with Indochina Junks. It sailed into the less busy part of the bay where they have a level of exclusivity and we didn't see another boat until we headed back for the dock. The food was really good, the cabins were spacious and well kept with a good shower and huge windows. We kayaked, swam, visited a fishing village, had dinner in a cave and it was a really enjoyable trip. We booked it through Handspan Travel on Ma May Street in Hanoi before we left the UK as we wanted this specific boat and it was easy to do. Someone else had recommended them and we were happy with the service. You can book direct as well, not sure how much money you save doing that.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Can i get recommendations for 1 or 2 nights on Halong Bay.

AngelaCB21, if you want a specific boat, you should book it ahead to assure of cruise availability. If not, you can book a cruise when you get to Hanoi.

Happy travels!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
599 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Can i get recommendations for 1 or 2 nights on Halong Bay.

We did one night but afterwards wished we did the 2 night cruise :)

australia
Level Contributor
310 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Can i get recommendations for 1 or 2 nights on Halong Bay.

We also did 2 nights on the Dragon's Pearl with Indochina Junk, it will remain a travel highlight for many years. joleicester has said everything I would say and the cave dinner is not to be missed. The food was fresh and plentiful, the boat was delightful and not too big, I think we had a total of 17 passengers and the staff were so lovely. The two night itinerary is perfect.

There are a few different boats named Dragons Pearl or variances of the name so if you decide to go with them make sure its the Indochina Junk company.

Sydney
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Can i get recommendations for 1 or 2 nights on Halong Bay.

Agree with Nannup,

Halongsapa tours offer plenty of options for every budget and their free airport pickups and drop offs are gold.

With only 7 days I would only do a 1 night cruise which would maximise your time in other destinations.

Mark

8. Re: Can i get recommendations for 1 or 2 nights on Halong Bay.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2015, 05:15