We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Saigon Dalat Hotel

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
177 posts
213 reviews
Save Topic
Saigon Dalat Hotel

Hi, does anyone know how I get in touch with the Saigon-Dalat hotel. I am planning a trip for next year and have a number of questions I wish to ask them. I sent an email to them more than 2 weeks ago and have not had a response. Thinking that the email might have got lost in cyberspace I tried again a couple of days ago but still no response. The email addresses I have sent the questions to are: hotel@saigondalat.com and rsvn@saigondalat.com. I did try putting this question in the question section of their review page on Trip Advisor but unfortunately the posting guidelines there do not allow the use of email addresses. Does anyone have any other email addresses or suggestions on how I get in touch with them? Thanks

5 replies to this topic
Hanoi
Level Contributor
1,098 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Saigon Dalat Hotel

Well, personally, I would not bother with a hotel which do not answer emails ! There are plenty of other beautiful hotels in Dalat, such as the pure Art Deco (built by the French) the Hotel du Parc or, in more deluxe, the Dalat Palace

Now, I know Dalat upside down, so ask me the questions and I shall answer

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
177 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Saigon Dalat Hotel

Thank you larsay. I still haven't heard from Saigon Dalat so won't be booking with them. I think I will go with Hotel Du Parc. I have emailed them and they responded straight away, so thanks for the tip. The Dalat Palace looks fantastic but it is a bit pricey for us. Thanks for your help.

Hanoi
Level Contributor
1,098 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Saigon Dalat Hotel

No questions about Dalat ?

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
177 posts
213 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Saigon Dalat Hotel

Thanks larsay. I am still in the very early planning stages. Our trip to Dalat will be a stopover on our way back to Australia from Europe. I have visited Vietnam 3 times before but have never been to Da Lat and thought I would take this opportunity. We definitely do not want to do any motor bike riding but if you have any suggestions for tour companies/guides for day trips, I would appreciate it. Also, what are the must sees. Thanks

Hanoi
Level Contributor
1,098 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Saigon Dalat Hotel

Here you are ! No need for a guide, you just hire a moto-taxi showing him teh namee of the sites you want to visit

I loved Da Lat, perhaps because, finally, you know where you go thanks to the town maps given by the hotels, and you can eat superbly. Attention: it is at 1500 m altitude, and often windy, so you need warm clothes from December to end of March. The excellent Dreams Hotel of the charming Mrs Dung was full (it is often so), so, I ended up in her brother’s hotel (as charming!) at the Thien An, as good and in a quieter section of the street, and with the same celebrated enormous buffet breakfast, a whole meal by itself. Free mountain bikes (you need all the speeds!), motorbikes 4$ manual, 5$ automatic (don’t take the auto, no engine brake, so, you burn the brakes). 272A Phan Ding Phung 063 352 0607 and 0608 thienanHotel@vnn.vn. If you prefer a delightful homestay house, Mrs Nhon’s Mai An, with 6 rooms and a terrace overlooking the hills. 24$, breakfast 1$50. No bicycles; Motorbike rental 10$. Mai An Villa, 7 Nghia Bac Son 063 382 1291 (no email).

Backpackers will find happiness at the two Peace Guest House 64 and 67 Truong Cong Dinh (take the 2nd one, the first one is not well kept). peacedalat@gmai.com

Lots of restaurants ! My favorites ? The wonderful bistro Nhat Ly (88 Phan Dinh Phung); delicious copious food at low prices (don’t go before 20:00, it is generally full) and the more elegant Trong Dông (220 Phan Dinh Phung), where I had 3 wonderful meals (try the eels, divine!).

I started with the visit of the famous Da Lat sites:

- Bao Dai Villa: pure Art Déco and much simpler than I expected for an emperor.

- The Crazy House, a surrealistic architectural delirium reminiscent of Gaudi’s masterpieces; it is also a hotel with 5 crazy rooms. To be seen to believe it !!!

- Linh Phuoc Pagoda, another delirium, but baroque this time.

- The beautiful colonial villas of Tran Hung Dao Street, a true open air Art Déco museum: It seems that they are now part of a hotel complex, but I could not find any Reception.

- The 5-Star Dalat Palace Hotel, another art Déco masterpiece (1932), its little brother the Du Parc (ex-Novotel) and the very colonial restaurant Café de la Poste (atrociously expensive!).

- The railway station, a copy of the Deauville one

The next 2 days of motorcycle rides out of Da Lat, to go to some wonderful places:

• The summit of Lang Biang Mountain(2100 m), from which you have a spectacular view of the entire region, and the interesting new XQ Historic Village (I “zapped” the Love Park, even the locals think it’s ridiculous).

• The Dalanta Waterfalls, 5 km South on the Saigon road ; beautiful ; the river then goes into a narrow canyon over which you can ride a cable car. If you don’t like to walk, a frightening impressive roller-coaster goes down to the falls.

Reply to: Saigon Dalat Hotel
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted