We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

ngoc lan Dalat has it been renovated?

Which Da Lat hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
sydney
6 posts
Save Topic
ngoc lan Dalat has it been renovated?

Has anyone been inside or stayed at the Ngoc Lan Hotel Dalat. On a number of websites it states that the hotel was renovated in late 2006 and upgraded to a 4 star. I saw pictures of the rooms on their website that looked beautiful, however I returned to their website after booking only to find that the pictures of the rooms have changed.

This is of a concern because whilst looking on asiarooms.com I looked up 2 different hotels in different towns (Orchid Hotel Hue & Asia Queen in Hanoi) and the pictures of the rooms were identical, and the views outside the windows the same.

Do the hotels just find pictures of nice rooms and post them on their sites?

Coolum Beach...
Level Contributor
3,292 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: ngoc lan Dalat has it been renovated?

Hi Beach,

Of course this happens!!!----I repeatedly post that the "pretty pictures" shown on websites are NOT always representative of the room you end up with!

I never have or ever will take a room in a hotel without seeing it!----I have been in dozens of hotels in VN and seen this happen!

I make this comment as a general one only!---of course an hotel displays its best room!

Quite often, some of my best experiences in hotels in vietnam have been at hotels that cannot even afford a website!

I understand your anxiety!---Its not playing the game fairly!---there is no substitute for sighting the room yourself!

thoughts

plover

p.s. ---I blame myself for this ---after 29 months of hotels in Vietnam I aborted my favourite hotel in a particular city and booked an hotel full of TA rave reviews ---the worst hotel I had been in in VN---I stayed a day and went tail between my legs back to my favourite hotel ----the pictures of this hotel on the web looked wonderful---what a surprise!!!----Its one main reason I rarely post a comment on hotels.

sydney
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: ngoc lan Dalat has it been renovated?

Hi Plover, thanks for your wise advice, however when your travelling with kids and in peak season it is not always possible to leave the hotel arrangements until you arrive at your destination and sighted the room. So do you have any recommendations for hotels in Dalat and Nha Trang since your so well travelled.

Also as I am travelling on my own with 2 children and no man to carry my luggage could you suggest space saving, lightweight packing advice for the 3 of us, could you include some summer dresses and cardigans also bras the essentials.

thanks from all of us inexperienced travellers who read TA your tips.

Capital
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: ngoc lan Dalat has it been renovated?

i don't know, check with the hotel . good luck

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
2 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: ngoc lan Dalat has it been renovated?

Just wondering if you ended up staying there or not and, if so, what it was actually like. I am travelling to Vietnam next month and agree the rooms on their website look lovely but am a bit concerned by your query.

Vietnam
Level Contributor
249 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: ngoc lan Dalat has it been renovated?

Yes Ngoc Lan has just renovated and upgraded to 4 star hotel. The location is quite good as well. I have not yet see the rooms myselft but will do soon when I go to Dalat in a month.

If you travel with family, you may consider Hoang Anh Da Lat resort as well. This is a big place with seperated villas and is a spacious place for children. It is a little bit away from the center anyway. But really good price.

6. Re: ngoc lan Dalat has it been renovated?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 September 2009, 23:20