We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

private guide (not easyrider) - dalat countryside

israel
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
private guide (not easyrider) - dalat countryside

Any recommendations for a private guide 1 day Dalat countryside?

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,577 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: private guide (not easyrider) - dalat countryside

Your best bet is to ask you hotel receptionist for a recommendation. They will make a small commision, but hopefully book a good person for you. The problem is there are not a lot of Auto drivers that speak English or have guide experience.

Owee

www.owee58.com

vietnam
Destination Expert
for Nha Trang
Level Contributor
5,936 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: private guide (not easyrider) - dalat countryside

You can also book one through a local travel agent. I always use Jungle travel, but many to choose from.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
189 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: private guide (not easyrider) - dalat countryside

We asked at our hotel- Dreams. They were able to organise car and driver for us for the day. Our driver spoke very good English and was a wealth of information. We were able to choose the places we wanted to visit- Lat village, silk production, coffee, crickets, elephant falls, cable car etc. Had a fantastic day and was able to try a variety of foods at roadside cafes. Cost $45 for the day... I dont know if this pricey or not .... we were happy with the price and service.

pgh, pa
Destination Expert
for Da Nang
Level Contributor
2,696 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: private guide (not easyrider) - dalat countryside

That sounds like a great price to me....private car, you can come and go as you like, stay as long as you care to...

israel
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: private guide (not easyrider) - dalat countryside

Thanks all of you.

It was very helpful.

Leigh-on Sea...
Level Contributor
3,740 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: private guide (not easyrider) - dalat countryside

not sure why you do not want an easyrider.

We had an excellant tour of Dalat from Mr. Hien (the founder of Easyriders and his driver in 2011 in an airconditioned 4x4 . he speaks excellant English and French.

next day we spent 3 days with him but a different driver from Dalat to Buon Ma Thout, this trip was one of the highlights of our month in Vietnam. You don't mention how soon you are going as Mr Hien gets very booked up.

www.easyridertrip.com

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
186 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: private guide (not easyrider) - dalat countryside

I booked a motorbike driver , through Dreams Hotel (being firm about not wanting EasyRiders, after they were so annoying with their nagging)...

I got Hip (probably not spelt that way..lol) & he was great! Good English, listened to what I wanted, friendly & humorous...

I cant remember how much it was for the day, but it was quite cheap!

8. Re: private guide (not easyrider) - dalat countryside

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 27 January 2013, 10:35
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
158 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: private guide (not easyrider) - dalat countryside

You can find down private tour guides in Dalat in this link tourguides.viator.com/Listing.aspx…

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
3 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: private guide (not easyrider) - dalat countryside

Having literally stepped of his bike after a 3 day tour, i recommend Peter, the original easy rider, completely trustworthy and safe.

Email him now...petertour2002@yahoo.com or phone him 0913 953254

You might find at the bus station but why not contact him before you get there??

best of luck