We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phuong Trang bus from Ho Chi Minh to Dalat

Da Lat, Vietnam
4 posts
Save Topic
Phuong Trang bus from Ho Chi Minh to Dalat

Going to Dalat by this famous couch "Phuong Trang"...can we go online to book a last minute ticket? What is the frequency?

Best Regards/Pauline

Da Lat, Vietnam
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
11. Re: Phuong Trang bus from Ho Chi Minh to Dalat

Every half hour Phuong Trang bus from Ho Chi Minh to Dalat has 1 departure wilh soft seat or sleeping buses.You can get easily ticket at 272 De Tham dist 1 HCM or phone (08)38375570. It take 7 hours & when arrive in Dalat they have shuttle minibus or shuttle motorbike helping & taking you to your destination.

12. Re: Phuong Trang bus from Ho Chi Minh to Dalat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2013, 12:17
Poole, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Phuong Trang bus from Ho Chi Minh to Dalat

Does anyone know if there is an evening Phuong Trang bus from Dalat to Nha Trang please? Also, how long does it take and what is the price?

Many thanks,

JR

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
14. Re: Phuong Trang bus from Ho Chi Minh to Dalat

2 July 2013. Phuong Trang bus(Futa) service to Dalat.

I just wanted to put some information out there as I found little usefull information on this bus service and read several horror stories.

Obviously I can only comment on the Phuong trang day trip to Dalat.

We wanted to get to Dalat but flying was out of our budget so it had to be the bus.

After reading several horror stories about night busses we opted out from that and instead went for the day bus.

We were told all the Phuong Trang busses were being updated to 'comfortable' bed busses.

We decided to prepare ourselves for a long and uncomfortable ride and were pleasantly surprised when the bus was very new and comfortable. Our 9am bus left at 9:40(no big deal) and traffic out of HCMC was heavy and slow going. The entire trip is Fairly slow and once out of HCMC you travel through rural towns and villages with rural roads, so dont expect the bus speed to be fast. We had the worst seats in the bus which is the elevated seats in the rear of the bus.( the rear seats are 5 together and the top ones are fixed in the lying down position with limited head room. If you can try to arrange any of the other seats which are great. They move from sitting to lying down ). We were lying down for the entire 8hr bus journey but it was still more comfortable than any normal bus or economy flight(where my knees normally touch the seat in front and sleeping us difficult). We had a great time sleeping or reading our books and we stopped twice to pee and eat. I am 6'2'' and was pretty happy in my lying down seat.

With this new information I would be happy to travel on the night bus keeping in mind that it is rural mountain roads at night so not 100% safe. We did have one or two dodgy mountain overtakes but overall it was fine.

Make up your own mind but I would give this company a thumbs up!

2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Phuong Trang bus from Ho Chi Minh to Dalat

2 July 2013. Phuong Trang bus(Futa) service to Dalat.

I just wanted to put some information out there as I found little usefull information on this bus service and read several horror stories.

Obviously I can only comment on the Phuong trang day trip to Dalat.

We wanted to get to Dalat but flying was out of our budget so it had to be the bus.

After reading several horror stories about night busses we opted out from that and instead went for the day bus.

We were told all the Phuong Trang busses were being updated to 'comfortable' bed busses.

We decided to prepare ourselves for a long and uncomfortable ride and were pleasantly surprised when the bus was very new and comfortable. Our 9am bus left at 9:40(no big deal) and traffic out of HCMC was heavy and slow going. The entire trip is Fairly slow and once out of HCMC you travel through rural towns and villages with rural roads, so dont expect the bus speed to be fast. We had the worst seats in the bus which is the elevated seats in the rear of the bus.( the rear seats are 5 together and the top ones are fixed in the lying down position with limited head room. If you can try to arrange any of the other seats which are great. They move from sitting to lying down ). We were lying down for the entire 8hr bus journey but it was still more comfortable than any normal bus or economy flight(where my knees normally touch the seat in front and sleeping us difficult). We had a great time sleeping or reading our books and we stopped twice to pee and eat. I am 6'2'' and was pretty happy in my lying down seat.

With this new information I would be happy to travel on the night bus keeping in mind that it is rural mountain roads at night so not 100% safe. We did have one or two dodgy mountain overtakes but overall it was fine.

Make up your own mind but I would give this company a thumbs up!

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,510 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Phuong Trang bus from Ho Chi Minh to Dalat

Adrian Phoung Trang is the exception to the rule regarding safety and quality of service. They have a great reputation on many other routes, with the only complaint being taking too much care, resulting in a slow trip.

Cheers Ross

17. Re: Phuong Trang bus from Ho Chi Minh to Dalat

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 July 2013, 14:35
18. Re: Phuong Trang bus from Ho Chi Minh to Dalat

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2014, 05:17