We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel to da Lat

new jersey
Level Contributor
325 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
travel to da Lat

I have to start at the begining, Hopeing to go to vietnam next year.How hard is it to get to Da Lat , nearest airport? Are there tour companys that can get us around? or private drivers? What paper work do we need? Help!

rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
21,528 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel to da Lat

You will need a visa to get into Viet Nam. Have a read of the info on the right of the screen of the main Vietnam forum.

I also suggest buying/borrowing from your local library a guide book such as Lonely Planet/Rough Guide/Fodors etc. The hotel/restaurant info will be out of date but the nuts and bolts are still pretty much the same.

To get to Da Lat you will have to fly into HCMC and make your way there either by air or road. I would recommend air as it's an hour or so whereas by road (and the roads can be quite scary) it's more like 7-8 hours. If you take a bus you would have to pick your bus company very carefully and a car with driver would be extremely expensive.

Da Lat's airport is about 45-60 minutes from the town itself but there is a shuttle bus and plenty of taxis to get you there.

2. Re: travel to da Lat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 11 April 2013, 08:05
rural West Aussie
Destination Expert
for Perth
Level Contributor
21,528 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: travel to da Lat

It's not necessarily the state of the roads that's scary, it's the other drivers! :-)

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,531 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: travel to da Lat

Thu Huyen you know the rules- soliciting is not permitted on Tripadvisor so I suggest you withdraw your post as it only damages Exotic Voyages.

Ross

dalat
Level Contributor
85 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: travel to da Lat

just 35 mins from airport to dalat.

welcome.....

Melbourne, Australia
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: travel to da Lat

Get there, Dalat by air is the best way but if you wanted a budget way, it is better for you to take overnight bus, it is quicker than day bus , 6 hours and around 230,000 VND

Rochester, New York
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: travel to da Lat

US citizen do need a visa to enter Vietnam unfortunately, you can apply for one through the Vietnam embassy in D.C (notes take few weeks so don't do it last minute). If you fly into Saigon you can either book another flight to Da Lat or take the bus. You can either take the overnight bus or day bus, about 8USD/each way and take 6 hours, me personally i like the day bus because then i can see the country side on the way there. Trusted bus lines are Mai Linh Express or Phuong Trang. Once you get there take the taxi to a local hotel, better to research for hotel in advance, you can get pretty good room for 20 dollars/night, hotels closer to Cho Da Lat are better. Pretty much all hotel have touring info, you can book day tour, there 3-4 different tours you can take one each day, about 20USD each. Day tours are best option for first time visitor because its quick, safe and inexpensive :)

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
28 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: travel to da Lat

Welcome to Vietnam,

I would love to give you some suggestions.

From Ho Chi Minh city, there are some ways you can go to Da Lat:

- by airplane, fr Tan Son Nhat airport(HCMC) to Lien Khuong airport (Da Lat). Certainly, you could book tour and travel agency will arrange airport pickup, tour and hotel. if not, you could book private car only.

- by private transfer from travel agency in Ho Chi Minh city.

- by bus. Thanh Buoi bus from HCMC- Da Lat.

Good luck!

Anna

Vietnam
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: travel to da Lat

Hi,

Take it easy. If you arrive from Saigon you can take a bus to dalat (300 km) directly to the center. Or you can take plane to Dalat ( 40 minutes), from Dalat airport to Dalat center(35km,can take a taxi"250.000 VND' or shuttle bus'40.000VND).

If arrive from Hanoi, the best choice is plane.

About private driver, it is very easy. You can search on any tourist websites (depend your location in Vietnam).

Cheers.

Dalat, Vietnam
Level Contributor
43 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: travel to da Lat

Welcome to Dalat, it's easy to touch, travel and experience!