We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beware of some 'easyriders' in Dalat

Which Da Lat hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Coolamon, New South...
Level Contributor
2 posts
125 reviews
Save Topic
Beware of some 'easyriders' in Dalat

My partner and I just got back from a so called 'easyriders' tour for only three hours. This rider Vo Trung Thanh (Buddha) approached us, just when we were on the lookout for one of them. Perfect, we thought, we don't have to make it into town.

I read on a Dalat tourist guide that you should expect to pay $12-20 for a day so when he quoted $30 each for 3 hours we were taken aback. We negotiated down to $35 for both of us but my partner still wasn't happy and felt we were being ripped off.

Before we left, I showed him pictures of what we wanted to see. 5 things all up and they weren't too far out of the city so it should have been possible. He said ok and off we went. We ended up going to a farming village, which while the countryside was lovely it wasn't what we wanted. Then we were taken to a weaving place, which I'm not convinced the girl who was there actually did any weaving because she seemed clueless, they only wanted us to buy things, then some old drunk guy came and made us walk with him to his house, with about 20 people and wouldn't let us leave till we drank his wine out of some bamboo straw that I'm sure 500 people before us had drunk out of. The old man then wanted a donation. We were getting pretty annoyed by this stage as it was only a couple of hours till it got dark.

He then took us to look at a couple of churches, also not requested and finally to the waterfall which we did ask to see.

We got back to our hotel, paid him, told him we weren't happy, but more than anything I'm annoyed that we were only here for one full day and it was wasted on things we didn't want to see.

If you are going to chose an easyrider tour, make sure you seek them out and not the other way and make sure they give you what you want.

Live and learn I suppose

Sydney
Level Contributor
4,046 posts
199 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beware of some 'easyriders' in Dalat

Sounds like a bummer Alisha N,

The original Easy riders are based across the road from the Trung Cang hotel, or Sinh Tourist bus/ ticket stop but unfortunately everyone with a moto tries to sweep up the tourist dollars.

For anyone watching this thread, ignore the offers and head across the road and to the left and you will find the original guys in the cafe on the corner.

Mark

Vietnam
Level Contributor
27 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Beware of some 'easyriders' in Dalat

Hi Coolamon,

I'm also a motorbike tour guide in Dalat ( is called Easyrider), isn't a real Easyrider. But itt doesn't matter about the real or not the real, the most important that how is their individual or honest ? Unfortunately that you met those bad guys today. Next time you must check for everything before in order to waste your time for nothing. Good luck and have a safe trip

Cheers

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
152 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Beware of some 'easyriders' in Dalat

>I'm also a motorbike tour guide in Dalat ( is called Easyrider), isn't a real Easyrider. But itt doesn't matter about the real or not the real

I always assume some businesses copying original names be not as good as the originals. I don't understand this Vietnamese business practice.

Why use somebody else's existing business name? If you happened to be better than original, don't you get annoyed when your potential customers mistakenly lured to the 'original', because they wanted 'your' service?

Why don't you come up with 'original' naming, and dare to compete with real Easyriders?

Da Lat, Vietnam
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Beware of some 'easyriders' in Dalat

Car tour is safer and more private, sometimes it is cheaper...the city tour with English speaking driver costs only 40usd for the whole day , you can go by 2,3 or 6 people together...cheap ...

Dalat, Vietnam
Level Contributor
43 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Beware of some 'easyriders' in Dalat

What a no perfect trip in Dalat, as you known, Nowaday, Dalat has a lot of Easyriders, but it's rather difficult to get the original one

Edited: 11 December 2013, 02:33
Australia
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Beware of some 'easyriders' in Dalat

I had a similar experience in a car tour in Dalat - took us to the wrong places, refused to make toilet stop breaks, refused to take us to our choice of lunch spots (took us to where he gets a kickback). Naturally I didn't tip the lowlife, and amazingly he seemed surprised and offended!!!!

Edited: 11 December 2013, 05:44
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Beware of some 'easyriders' in Dalat

"I'm also a motorbike tour guide in Dalat ( is called Easyrider), isn't a real Easyrider. But itt doesn't matter about the real or not the real". You're a cheat & an idiot. Ripping off someone else's name and then saying it doesn't matter? It's people like you who give Vietnam such a bad reputation for tourism. If you don't even have enough brain cells to come up with an original name, stay on your farm & keep out of the tourism business. Mat day!

8. Re: Beware of some 'easyriders' in Dalat

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 December 2014, 06:17