We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Solo traveller looking for mid range bai tu long/Halong bay

Level Contributor
94 posts
29 reviews
Solo traveller looking for mid range bai tu long/Halong bay

Hi,

Looking for a mid range cruise that caters to young people, ie lots of activities etc.

Interested in bai tu long as it is less crowded but i underatand only luxury boats go there?

Looking to spend maybe 3-4m dong but could go up or down depending on what is included or what I would be getting.

Also would not want too many people on the boat maybe 20 or less if possible.

Would be grateful if you could share any experiences or reccomendations.

Many thanks

13 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
94 posts
29 reviews
1. Re: Solo traveller looking for mid range bai tu long/Halong bay

Also forgot to mention I am Looking at 2d1n.. I saw fantasea but that is it so far.

Also if anyone knows what the weather is likely to be like on Tuesday and Wednesday this week that would be helpful.

Thanks

Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Solo traveller looking for mid range bai tu long/Halong bay

I am looking for the exact thing you are for November and found many midrange boats such as Oriental Sails, Huong hai and Paloma. I can't believe what they are charging. If we find people to go with it is much cheaper. lol Oh Dragon Pearl looks pretty cool too. The websites are so poorly/confusingly written though.

In one area it will say transfer from Hanoi included and in another area not and the same hing with amenities such as kayak use. So deceptive!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
10 posts
8 reviews
3. Re: Solo traveller looking for mid range bai tu long/Halong bay

Hi! I just booked this trip as a solo traveler. Decided with Dragon Legend - a little on the pricier side, but i really liked that it went to Bai Tu Bay and i couldnt find many other junks that did this route. I paid 225 for a single room, which is way smaller than the double room, but i dont mind since its for a quick stay and still a queen bed. the 225 includes a single supplement fee.

Leesburg, Virginia
Level Contributor
21 posts
171 reviews
4. Re: Solo traveller looking for mid range bai tu long/Halong bay

We did cruise with Indochina Junk's Dragon Legend in Oct 2017. Loved it! They are one of few that go to Bai Tu Long. This area of Bay is less crowded and cleaner. Only 15 passengers on our boat and more than half were 30 years or younger. No kids on it. We were oldest at 60. Did kayking, visited cave and visited floating fishing village. Picked us up at Old Quarter hotel by luxury van. Food great, staff great, rooms small but very nice. Provided bottled water for van ride and on boat. Everything included in cruise price except alcoholic drinks and tips. Left our large luggage with our hotel in Hanoi.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
138 posts
2 reviews
5. Re: Solo traveller looking for mid range bai tu long/Halong bay

Hi Lauren R,

If you don’t mind me asking, who did you book the cruise through? The cheapest price I see on the official website is $240 (advance rate).

Thanks!

6. Re: Solo traveller looking for mid range bai tu long/Halong bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 28 April 2018, 11:32

Singapore, Singapore
5 posts
7. Re: Solo traveller looking for mid range bai tu long/Halong bay

#4 Did you do 2d1n or 3d2n? Me and girlfriend are considering to go to Bai Tu Long but we don't know whether to chose 2d1n or 3d2n and also which company to go with.

Level Contributor
94 posts
29 reviews
8. Re: Solo traveller looking for mid range bai tu long/Halong bay

I did 3d2n.. with 2d1n I think it's a bit rushed and you won't get to go to cat ba (personal highlight)

New Delhi
Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
9. Re: Solo traveller looking for mid range bai tu long/Halong bay

Hi there, i am also looking for a 2d 1n cruise in november 2018. The number of tour companies is mind boggling! Any luck with deciding?

Level Contributor
94 posts
29 reviews
10. Re: Solo traveller looking for mid range bai tu long/Halong bay

Hi I travelled with Vega Travel and would highly reccomend.

Reply to: Solo traveller looking for mid range bai tu long/Halong bay
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted