We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When is the best time to visit Hanoi and Sapa?

Perth
Level Contributor
22 posts
23 reviews
When is the best time to visit Hanoi and Sapa?

I am trying to plan a trip to Hanoi and Sapa for next year but the weather has me a little confused. I am trying the work out the cooler months away from the heat and humidity but with out getting to flooded out with the monsoonal rains. Can someone please advise me on the best month of the year to travel?

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
832 posts
2 reviews
1. Re: When is the best time to visit Hanoi and Sapa?

ozzy,

Autumn(Sept to the end of Nov) is the best time to visit Hanoi. It's so cool and everything seem to become the best in Autumn.

For the weather in Sapa you can see the details here:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g311304-i9623-k217…

Good trip!

David

Hanoi
Level Contributor
32 posts
2. Re: When is the best time to visit Hanoi and Sapa?

There are some storms in September every year so I think the best time is Oct and Nov!Exactly is Nov, just note that is the peak season so it is very easy fully book! Let's book in advance!

Hanoi, Vietnam
Destination Expert
for Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,528 posts
19 reviews
3. Re: When is the best time to visit Hanoi and Sapa?

March - April actually good month beside Oct for the North of Vietnam.

London
Level Contributor
15 posts
16 reviews
4. Re: When is the best time to visit Hanoi and Sapa?

We've just been to Vietnam for the second half of August.

Hanoi - we landed in the middle of a thunderstorm! Luckily it cleared up overnight and it was generally very hot there.

Sapa - first day was hot and clear - so great views but trekking was hard work! Next day was cloudier but dry.

We also visited Hoi An and HCMC. Weather was perfect in Hoi An (we were on the beach); HCMC was more unsettled with more rain, but it's not really a problem.

It's hard to find a time that works for everything. August is as late as I'd risk it pre-monsoon; otherwise I think you need to wait till Nov/Dec.

Perth
Level Contributor
22 posts
23 reviews
5. Re: When is the best time to visit Hanoi and Sapa?

Thank you everyone who took the time to reply ... So it looks like late Serptember /October is the go, do you all agree????

hanoi
Level Contributor
40 posts
6. Re: When is the best time to visit Hanoi and Sapa?

G'day mate

Now is best time for visiting Hanoi and Travel up to Sapa too, good climate, you dont feel hot and stuffy, Sapa now the rice being ripe so terrace field would be great look please, promissing many great photos, noted that should take rainy jackets, sweater and walking boots. if you decide to travel to Sapa better ask local travel agent about regular mountains markets local ethnic people, dont miss that, very interesting things to see there

Jacky Tan

Viet Vision Travel

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
256 posts
7. Re: When is the best time to visit Hanoi and Sapa?

Ozzy;

Better to travel there in Oct.

Happy travel!

Hanoi
Level Contributor
19 posts
8. Re: When is the best time to visit Hanoi and Sapa?

Oct and Nov is the best time

9. Re: When is the best time to visit Hanoi and Sapa?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 March 2010, 04:17