We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boat Trips Halong Bay

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
6 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Boat Trips Halong Bay

We are going to Hanoi in August and wanting to do 2 or more days on a trip to Halong Bay.

Any suggestions would be fantastic.

Thanks Pam

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,577 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boat Trips Halong Bay

I did a 2 nighter on the boat with he Huong Hai junk company. All 12 of us had the junk to ourselves and had a great time.

Owee

www.owee58.com

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
827 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boat Trips Halong Bay

We were on Halong Bay last night. It was the high point of our trip so far. We were on the Valentine, 5 cabins only, and only 4 were full, 3 other great couples from south of France, Argentina and Spain. We had the best time. We cannot recommend The Valentine enough. FABULOUS VALENTINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gold Coast...
Level Contributor
6 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Boat Trips Halong Bay

Wow last nite.....Thanks heaps appreciate your reply. We haven't looked at Valentine but will now !

Thanks Pam

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
300 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Boat Trips Halong Bay

We were recently on the Paloma and loved it, but it did not have air conditioning in the common areas - only in the cabins. This was a problem as the sun was fierce. Is the Valentine air conditioned in the dining area? I would suggest anyone going on a Junk consider this when booking their trip in the hot season. We were there in May.

Boca Raton, Florida
Level Contributor
340 posts
140 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Boat Trips Halong Bay

Regarding Valentine- how did you book, for how many nights and what was the approx. cost? Thanks so much!

6. Re: Boat Trips Halong Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 June 2010, 10:05
7. Re: Boat Trips Halong Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 15 June 2010, 10:05
Caloundra, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Boat Trips Halong Bay

Hi, I can highly recommend a tour with Ecofriendly Vietnam Tours. Did a 2day/1 night tour during May 2010 and loved it. The boat is small, it was just my hubby & I, the guide, the driver and a kitchen/deckhand. Visited quieter areas of the bay away from all the tour boats - was fantastic! Have a look at their website and my review on TA for more info. No air-con with this boat but it was 42 degrees when we were there (!!!) and we were ok (in the shade!).

Newcastle, Australia
Level Contributor
827 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Boat Trips Halong Bay

Hi again, yes the dining areas and all indoors are air conditioned. It was hot outside but we swam in areas uninhabited by other boats and kayaked, absolutely wonderful. The beauty of the smaller boats is that they will do what you want and stop where you want because they only have a few guests to keep happy. We told them we didn't want to swim a the beach everyone else was using, it wasn't a problem, they moved. TERRIFIC!!!

We booked through Ha at Vietland Discovery, she got us a good deal. We went for only one night but seriously wished we had done the 3 day, 2 night option..

Edited: 16 June 2010, 16:21
USA
Level Contributor
49 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Boat Trips Halong Bay

We are also interested in a two day, one night cruise. I have looked at Eco-friendly Vietnam and IndoChina Junk Co. Will also check out Valentine. What is the best way to book? So far the web sites appear to be reluctant to post prices. Is it better to wait until we book a Hanoi hotel and ask the hotel to book for us? Haven't traveled to Vietnam before and don't know if it is preferable to try to book things like river cruises in advance or wait until we arrive and ask the hotel staff for assistance.