We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cost of taxi halong to airport and many cabs about

Which Halong Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
86 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
cost of taxi halong to airport and many cabs about

we are booked with a travel agency but waiting on a reply for cost from halong to airport , if they are expensive are there many taxis at the drop off point to take us to the airport

Guilin, China
Level Contributor
120 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: cost of taxi halong to airport and many cabs about

40USD can certainly be enough.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
86 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: cost of taxi halong to airport and many cabs about

ive seen previous posts around $106 US , you did mean from halong to hanoi airport

thanks

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,351 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: cost of taxi halong to airport and many cabs about

I imagine you are looking for a taxi to the Airport after a Ha Long Bay cruise. If so most reliable cruise operators will organise a taxi to meet your Hanoi returning coach and take you the last 1/2 hour to the airport free of charge. All Ha Long Bay cruises include transfers to and from Hanoi. Along the same road there is a roundabout taking you onto a freeway that goes to the Airport. Negotiate your cruise cost with that transfer to the airport included. At worst you may have to pay but your guide will organise your connection. It should cost around $10 for this run to the Airport. The taxi fare from Hanoi to the Airport is only $15 so quotes of $40 and $106 are ridiculous.

Cheers Ross

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
86 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: cost of taxi halong to airport and many cabs about

cheers for that , i've booked with tonkins so hopefully its your type of price, if they are ridiculous exp would there be taxis hanging around to take us

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,351 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: cost of taxi halong to airport and many cabs about

bamboo97 the intersection mentioned does not have ant taxis around or a village. You need to make sure that the guide has mad the arrangements otherwise is back to Hanoi and then back out to the airport.

Cheers Ross

Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Yunnan
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: cost of taxi halong to airport and many cabs about

Ross has no idea. Firstly the aud has risen sharply against the dong. Around a year ago, guessing by your numbers, 100 was top end but reasonable for a tourist. Obviously less now by about half.

There are two main (actually 3) ways to enter hanoi from halong i found out after many journeys there.

Bascally the touro van/ mini bus is the cheapest. Typically in a taxi, hanoi to halong, plus waiting, return, was about 1.2 to 1.5 million dong. Maybe i was ripped, but it seemed common. And the taxi drivers were safer than my driver and car. Seriously!

Melbourne
Destination Expert
for Yunnan
Level Contributor
2,864 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: cost of taxi halong to airport and many cabs about

And do not assume the one way fare is half the return fare. The driver does have to get back home. You need to factor that in. and the car size also changes the fare.

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,697 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: cost of taxi halong to airport and many cabs about

Skeggles, about a year ago you said in a PM to me (in relation to your acerbic but often witty responses on the VN forum) "you tell me when i go too far!"

Well sweet pea, now you have. Things have changed on the forum and it's now a far nicer place than when you were a regular and personal attacks were commonplace. According to you, 'Ross has no idea.' Well actually he does. Read his posts carefully and you should understand.

9. Re: cost of taxi halong to airport and many cabs about

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2011, 06:16