We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Typical January weather

USA
Level Contributor
16 posts
95 reviews
Typical January weather

I am interested in the typical weather condiitions around Halong Bay for January.

Nha Trang, Vietnam
Level Contributor
7,579 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: Typical January weather

Here is a link that will answer your question

owee58.com/2010/…

Owee

www.owee58.com

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
38 posts
40 reviews
2. Re: Typical January weather

We returned from Ha Long Bay to Hanoi an hour ago and can tell you it was really cold in Ha Long Bay - recommend that you wear a good padded jacket if you want to spend any time on deck. My guess is that the temp was around 12-15 degrees centigrade on the bay. Many passengers were surprised at how cool it was and I believe that the cruises have been cancelled for the next few days as a cyclone is possible (NB this means those who have booked will travel to Ha Long Bay to spend the night and day on shore so you might want to reconsider your options or delay your trip if possible) The locals, including our lovely guide, did seem to think that the weather was fairly typical for January. We still loved our trip and would recommend visiting the bay as long as the boats are still going out. We went on one of the best Bai Tho junks and our boat and cabin was really good, although those who don't like seafood will find little alternative at mealtimes. The other nice looking boats I noticed were paradise cruises and Eclipse - but think about your budget as you get what you pay for and I would have been disappointed if we had been booked into some of the older, scruffier-looking vessels. Also, I believe that some of the most upmarket junks with big windows are the ones that look like an everyday boat rather than the more romantic chinese style. Ha Long Bay is beautiful, even in grey weather, but make sure you have warm clothing - they sell padded jackets at the wharf, but I can't comment on value as we purchased in Hanoi. Enjoy!

Berlin, Germany
9 posts
3. Re: Typical January weather

oW

The weather verry cold in Halong right now. About 7-10 degree.

Please take care .

john.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
668 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Typical January weather

and in Hanoi too. It lasts till the end of this week.

5. Re: Typical January weather

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 July 2011, 08:17