We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel experiences on Halong Bay?

USA
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel experiences on Halong Bay?

Looking for feedback from people who have stayed in a hotel on Halong Bay instead of taking a cruise. Did you enjoy it? What type of costs did you incur? We're not sure we want to pay $300 a night for 2 for a cruise, but it may add up to almost as much if we have to pay for things separately. Thank you.

Halong Bay, Vietnam
Level Contributor
210 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel experiences on Halong Bay?

There are many nice hotels in Halong Bay and I found ok to stay at a hotel then look to the view of Halong Bay. However, you should select a hotel which is near the harbor so it will be convenient for you, easy to check in the cruise as well as check in the hotel after the cruising. You will save taxi fee too! The area near the harbor is also a good place for shopping, walking and eating too! I stayed at the Van Hai hotel and it is just 3 star hotel. The good point of this hotel is that it gives you a good view of the Bay, but it's quite far from the center, harbor so we had to walk for a long way to find restaurants. I see the Halong Dream hotel is quite nice and located in a very good location! You can check out this hotel!

Hope this helps!

Darian

http://www.darianculbert.com

Italy
Level Contributor
39,497 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel experiences on Halong Bay?

I think the whole point of going to Halong bay is doing the cruise and spending the night on the junk, I don't think I would make the journey to stay in a hotel, it's the whole package that makes it worth while.

3. Re: Hotel experiences on Halong Bay?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 01:17