We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Galaxy, Dragon's Parl - too many tours!!!

Which Halong Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
189 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Galaxy, Dragon's Parl - too many tours!!!

Looking for 2 day/1 Night junk in July. Like the look of Dragon's Pearl, Bhaya. Hotel promotes Galaxy- any feed back on this junk .. Is it still better to book direct rather than through hotel if the prices are comparative

It is really hard to work out the best option as there are too many to choose from. Trying to work out the most reputable is hard.

Thanks

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
207 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Galaxy, Dragon's Parl - too many tours!!!

We were on the Dragon's Pearl and loved it, they visit a different part of the bay than the other junks so it's a better experience and the food was fabulous. We checked out prices with a few agencies and our hotel but there was no difference in price so we booked direct with Indochina junks.

Adelaide
Level Contributor
4,621 posts
205 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Galaxy, Dragon's Parl - too many tours!!!

Ditto Chrella's remarks. Dragon Pearl was great, but try and make time for the 3D/2N cruise. You won't regret it. don't know much about Galaxy, but it's not a name that comes up too often in the forums. Perhaps Tecalli or Owee can advise on that one

3. Re: Galaxy, Dragon's Parl - too many tours!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 05 July 2012, 10:07
Hanoi
Level Contributor
734 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Galaxy, Dragon's Parl - too many tours!!!

I highly recommend bhaya cruise, very nice and luxurious. if you choose this cruise, book through hotel or its office are the same.

Hanoi, Vietnam
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Galaxy, Dragon's Parl - too many tours!!!

Dragon's pearl 's very good. They have an unique route on the bay but it's easily overbooked because their boats are pretty small and mostly private. If you can book one, better book 3D/2N.

Bhaya's good too. And never heard of Galaxy.

Hanoi, Vietnam
9 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Galaxy, Dragon's Parl - too many tours!!!

I've never heard about Galaxy :(

Pennsylvania, USA
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Galaxy, Dragon's Parl - too many tours!!!

All the top end cruises go to the same part of the bay-- Dragon's Pearl does the same route as Bhaya and Indochina Sails.

I have never gone on Galaxy. I have gone on both Dragon's Pearl and Bhaya. The Bhaya is a little more luxurious-- slightly better cabins, slightly better outdoor space, slightly better food. For a 1 night there really isn't a huge difference between Dragon's Pearl and Bhaya. But I do recommend choosing between the two rather than the Galaxy.

Llanbrynmair...
Level Contributor
14,697 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Galaxy, Dragon's Parl - too many tours!!!

The Galaxy seems to be quite nice. It's a smallish boat, which for me is a plus, and the itinerary includes kayaking (another plus) but I have heard mention of karaoke at night, which would send me running!

Tipperary, Ireland
Level Contributor
126 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Galaxy, Dragon's Parl - too many tours!!!

I havnt been on the Galaxy but friends of mine have been and had a very good one night cruise..thay had no complaints at all.

10. Re: Galaxy, Dragon's Parl - too many tours!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 05:45