We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Indochina Junk company - not copy

Which Halong Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Zealand
Level Contributor
978 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Indochina Junk company - not copy

Hi

Please could someone confirm this is the official website for Indochina Junks?

Many thanks

http://www.indochina-junk.com/

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
23 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Indochina Junk company - not copy

Yes, It's Indochina Junk Official Website.

FYI: tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g293921-i8432-k3…

Hanoi
Level Contributor
734 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Indochina Junk company - not copy

yes, only one offical website of indochina junk, for sure:

http://www.indochina-junk.com

Edited: 13 September 2012, 09:18
Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Indochina Junk company - not copy

Subject: Indochina Junk

Title: Be very careful when booking through Indochina Junk

ID#: 146624951

Be extremely careful when dealing with Indochina Junk. We were scammed before we even got to Vietnam.

Friends recommended Indochina Junk's Prince II boat. In March, after reading TA reviews, I went to the website. I cannot remember if I googled it or went from the link on TA. I requested a reservation for November on the website. Kevin replied from Indochina Junk to say Prince II was full for the dates we requested, but Prince III was available and was the same boat but newer etc. He sent us a slew of emails regarding the boat, availability etc and then an invoice on the company letterhead, and a PayPal link to pay the 50% deposit. We sent $500 for 2 cabins for 2nights/3 days, plus $20 service charge and Kevin said the balance was payable a week before departure.

We started emailing Kevin a month before departure because we wanted to pay by credit card and not with cash at the time. No response! No Kevin! Finally we went back to the website and emailed Indochina Junk from the "Contact Us" link. After 3 requests they finally responded and they informed us that Kevin did not work for them but 'luckily' they had our reservation, but, sorry, no deposit. We should pay in full to keep the booking.

PayPal said they would note the problem but as it was over 90 days there was nothing they could do and we should contact our credit card company.

After many emails back and forth with they agreed to hold the booking until we got to Hanoi and they said they would try to get our deposit from Kevin. Turns out, according to them when we arrived in Hanoi, that Kevin used to work for them months before and he had cloned their website and emailed us from Kevin@indochinajunk.mobi not Indochina-junk.com and stolen our deposit. But they had our reservation!! In the end they gave us a $25 discount per person and we went with the company as we were booked for the next day departure and it was a big birthday celebration we did not want to miss. And there were all those good reviews...

Big mistake - the cabins are tiny, nothing like the photos on line and housekeeping leaves much to be desired. The cabin is as wide as the bed plus a 12" ledge. It is difficult to get into the bed as there is no access from the side. The sheets were threadbare the towels had holes in them. The food was good and the staff were extremely nice, but don't look into the kitchen - I saw a staff member sitting on the railing in the kitchen with their bare feet on the counter. See photo. Also see the sun deck with the staff clothes drying!

The 'clean' glasses in the bar were on a once-white towel that was grey from dirt and mold. See photo. The staff were very sweet and nice, very accommodating and did everything they could to make the trip as enjoyable as possible, including bringing me hot tea in my cabin when I was sick, but they don't have much to work with. The boat is run down, in need of a lot of maintenance (broken window latches, lights with water damage and missing parts etc) and dreary. Photos on the company website are deceptive.

Give it a miss.

New Zealand
Level Contributor
978 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Indochina Junk company - not copy

Hi

I got replies back from a Mr Hung Lee

But half way through he did change his email address... see below. It made me a bit suspicious.

My last mail hung@indochinajunk.com has encountered a problem and no longer in use.

Please meet me at this new address: hung@indochina-junk.com

Thank you very much for your understanding.

All the best,

Hung Lee (Mr.)

Sales & Marketing Dept .

Geraldton
Level Contributor
4 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Indochina Junk company - not copy

Is there any further info regarding booking through the indochina website? We used the "contact us" function of the above official website, and are also receiving emails from Hung Lee, from hungle1088 @ gmail.com. He has sent an invoice to pay $300 through onepay.vn.

I'm nervous to pay, I don't see why they would be using a gmail address.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, especially from someone whom has booked with indochina junk online recently.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
438 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Indochina Junk company - not copy

Hello Samara G,

The official website for Indochina Junk is :http://www.indochina-junk.com/

www.indochinajunk.com.vn is not Official website for Indochina Junk so the real emails should following their domain.and gmail is not in use for real website.should use like hung@indochina-junk.com

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Indochina Junk company - not copy

Indochina Junk

Be extremely careful when dealing with Indochina Junk. We were scammed before we got to Vietnam and lost $500.00.

I googled Indochina Junk (on a friend's recommendation) and went to the website that came up to request a reservation. Kevin replied from Indochina Junk to say Prince II was full for the dates we requested, but Prince III was available. He sent us a slew of emails regarding the boat, availability etc and then a PayPal link to pay the 50% deposit. We sent $500 for 2 cabins for 2nights/3 days, plus $20 service charge and Kevin said the 50% balance was payable a week before departure.

We started emailing Kevin a month before departure because we wanted to pay by credit card. No response! No Kevin! Finally we web searched and emailed Indochina Junk from the “Contact Us” on their website (same looking website) and they informed us that Kevin did not work for them but ‘luckily’ they had our reservation, but no deposit. We should pay in full t keep the booking. They 'knew' Kevin and agreed we could both try to recover from him and pay when we got to Hanoi. Turns out, according to them when we arrived in Hanoi, that Kevin used to work for them months before and he had cloned their website and emailed us from Kevin@indochinajunk.mobi not Indochina-junk.com (hyphen) and stolen our deposit. Apparently this is a common occurrence in Vietnam.

But they had our reservation!! In the end they gave us a $25 discount per person and we went with the company as we were booked for the next day departure and it was a big birthday celebration we did not want to miss.

Big mistake anyway – the cabins are tiny, nothing like the photos on line, and housekeeping leaves much to be desired. The cabin is as wide as the bed plus a 12” ledge. It is difficult to get into the bed as there is no access from the side. The sheets were threadbare the towels had holes in them. The food was good but don’t look into the kitchen – I saw staff sitting on the railing in the kitchen with their bare feet on the counter.

The glasses in the bar were on a towel that was grey from dirt and mold. The staff on the junk were very sweet and nice, very accommodating and did everything they could to make the trip as enjoyable as possible, but they don’t have much to work with. The boat is run down, in need of a lot of maintenance and dreary.

It's not worth taking the chance of an imposter website. I suggest booking through your hotel.

We stayed at Hanoi Elite. Great people and wonderful place to stay.

Nelson-Tasman...
Level Contributor
6,798 posts
419 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Indochina Junk company - not copy

We dealt with indochina junk and also had a change of contact. But it was all awesome and we loved the trip. Highly recommend them. but even to be certain you could phone them. I did ask lots of questions about the trip and details do be sure to do that. We also had to pay a deposit.

9. Re: Indochina Junk company - not copy

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 April 2014, 05:15