We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

snorkeling at Halong bay

Hongkong
Level Contributor
9 posts
52 reviews
Save Topic
snorkeling at Halong bay

Has anyone done snorkeling at Halong Bay or been on Ha Long Galaxy ( it seems to be one of the luxury boats that offer diving )

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
158 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: snorkeling at Halong bay

You can contact Halong Pheonix Cruiser for scuba diving tour. Trekking Travel used to organize it in Monkey Island Resort but they stoped this service

Edited: 20 September 2012, 08:02
Hongkong
Level Contributor
9 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: snorkeling at Halong bay

thanks !

Italy
Level Contributor
39,487 posts
211 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: snorkeling at Halong bay

If you use the search box above you'll get more info.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
158 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: snorkeling at Halong bay

If you want to do some snorkeling, Nha Trang is much better for this option. You can join such activities as scuba diving, snorkeling, surfing, mudbath and so on...

5. Re: snorkeling at Halong bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 22 September 2012, 09:35
halong
Level Contributor
115 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: snorkeling at Halong bay

NO, dont do it in halong because you wont see any thing underwater :D

seriously, 15 years ago the water was good but now it is totally horrible, snorkeling seems impossible

you better go to Nha Trang

Nantes, France
Level Contributor
28 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: snorkeling at Halong bay

I agree that Nha Trang is better and famous for scuba diving activity.

I know that there is a company in Halong Bay offering the snorkeling activity. I suggest you contact your Halong Operator, advise them your request, they will contact the snorkeling company and advise you the additional price. However, I think you should do this in Nha Trang.

Melbourne...
Level Contributor
378 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: snorkeling at Halong bay

Try it else where, I don't think you will see much

9. Re: snorkeling at Halong bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 September 2013, 11:15
pgh, pa
Destination Expert
for Da Nang
Level Contributor
2,726 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: snorkeling at Halong bay

From all the boats there's lots of "waste" floating in the water....my last trip I saw more toilet paper than anything else....will be going again in May...hope it's better. Wouldn't recommend swimming either.