We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halong bay day cruise

Greater Manchester...
Level Contributor
46 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Halong bay day cruise

We are on a large cruise ship (Millenium, Celebrity Cruises) in March 2013. We want to do a luxury junk cruise but only for one full day and not overnight. The reason for this is that the ship sails the next day at 1pm so we need to be back on board by 1200 lunchtime at the very latest and the overnight junk cruises make me a bit nervous of not getting back in time.

The trip the ship is offering is only 3:45 hrs and is expensive for what it is.

Can anyone suggest a good company who do full day cruises? I have looked for ages and can only find overnighters.

leicester
Level Contributor
1,978 posts
190 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Halong bay day cruise

Try contacting a tour agent in Hanoi. We used Handspan on Ma May street. They may be able to advise, most tour operators do day trips from Hanoi but I don't recall the names of other operators.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
438 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Halong bay day cruise

most of cruises have full day trip, for day trip I think you don't need to spend so much money on luxury cruise. I think you just take group tour with some cruises as: Alova, Golden lotus about 35-40$/pax (depends on kayaking)

pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,530 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Halong bay day cruise

Depends I suppose on where your cruiseship is berthed and how far that is from Ha Long Bay. Normal day tours are organised as Jo says from Hanoi but that is a 4 hour coach ride each way to Ha Long Bay. Suggest you quiz your cruiseboat about actual time you will get on the bay itself.

Cheap day tours of Ha Long are just not worth the trouble, so I suggest yo pay at least $50 to be safe and unherded.

Cheers Ross

Durham, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Halong bay day cruise

We are cruising on the Millenium to the same destination in February. Have a look at this blog ... …malaysia-asia.my/2011/04/bai-chay-tourist-w… ... Chartering your own junk looks like an inexpensive option.

5. Re: Halong bay day cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 February 2014, 17:59
6. Re: Halong bay day cruise

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 December 2012, 13:25
7. Re: Halong bay day cruise

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

Removed on: 06 February 2013, 11:49
8. Re: Halong bay day cruise

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

Removed on: 29 December 2013, 10:15