We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Visiting Halong Bay with two young kids (2 and 5) in January

sydney
Level Contributor
183 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Visiting Halong Bay with two young kids (2 and 5) in January

Hi there,

What are the best options?

I am not keen in going on a cruise because 1/ it will be very expensive to get a private boat just for the 4 of us and I want some flexibility with the kids given their age (they need a nap etc...) so a group tour is not an option, 2/ I am worried that they may fall off board.

So, I am now thinking about taking a boat from Haiphong and spending 2 nights on an island. What is th best island? Is Monkey Island good with young kids?

Is it then possible to organise a private boat tour from the resort for a few hours - I will bring the lifejackets?

What is the easiest way to access the islands?

I am a bit lost...

Many thanks.

Ho Chi Minh City...
Level Contributor
669 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Visiting Halong Bay with two young kids (2 and 5) in January

You should look for a private tour based on Cat Ba island and you can hire a boat from Cat Ba to do a few hour cruise day trip. Many traveled with kids and had no problem.

2. Re: Visiting Halong Bay with two young kids (2 and 5) in January

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 March 2014, 05:17