We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halong bay junk boats. 2 nights or one

Liverpool
Level Contributor
59 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Halong bay junk boats. 2 nights or one

Hoping to do a2night junk trip to celebrate a special wedding anniversary. Is 2 nights too long/waste of money or would it be special? Thanks for your views

Pattaya, Thailand
Destination Expert
for Pattaya, Ho Chi Minh City
Level Contributor
7,681 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Halong bay junk boats. 2 nights or one

I'd go with 2 - we regretted not having another night.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
46 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Halong bay junk boats. 2 nights or one

you should choose 3 days 2 nights program. more activities and more fun. the second day you can enjoy biking, kayaking, cave discovering, swimming .... i think you would love it. :d

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
438 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Halong bay junk boats. 2 nights or one

Hello Rosie42,

Halong Cruise for Overnight,please take 3 days/2 nights,you can choose one night on Boat one night at Hotel in Cat Ba or option 2 :2 Nights on Boat but choose itinerary Halong Bay- Bai Tu Long.if you choose just 2days/1 night you can not see the whole parts of Halong Bay and you do not have time to do more activities like kayaking and swimming.from Hanoi to Halong bay is 175 km and it takes 3,5 hours to get there.

Thanks & have a nice holidays

Liverpool
Level Contributor
59 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Halong bay junk boats. 2 nights or one

Thank you both for your very swift replies Much appreciated

Bengaluru, India
Level Contributor
263 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Halong bay junk boats. 2 nights or one

I went for the 2n/3d and it was just awesome, really nice......as one way is 3 hours to reach from hanoi...2n is good enough to cover pristine beaches, caves, oyster park in the middle of sea..you get to see some of the most expensiv pearls on display and the live ones.......try talking to glory cruise, it was my birthday adn had some surpirses....it was perfect holiday in sea....i still cant forget kayaking under the caves. Happy travelling :)

Nelson-Tasman...
Level Contributor
7,610 posts
437 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Halong bay junk boats. 2 nights or one

Its a long way to go for one night. Enjoy Halong without being rushed and go for two nights with a good cruise company. Dont go budget.

London, United...
Level Contributor
141 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Halong bay junk boats. 2 nights or one

It was impossible for us to do 2 nights because we was flying home so we just done the 2day 1 night with Au co cruises, we had a great time and even got to do some swimming and kayaking, when we left they were going to Cat Ba Island for a bike ride and then to a secrct cave, we was really jealous, so yes stay for 2 nights!!

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
126 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Halong bay junk boats. 2 nights or one

Hi Rosie,

For such a special event of wedding anniversary, you should spend 2 nights on the bay. It's considered a highlight in honeymoon by many couples. It's very romatic on board. It's worth to spend a little for one more night

Thu Huyen

Italy
Level Contributor
39,493 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Halong bay junk boats. 2 nights or one

If you do 2 nights on the Dragon's Pearl or with any other junks belong to Indochina-junk company the 2nd night you have dinner in a cave.

Surrey
Level Contributor
8 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Halong bay junk boats. 2 nights or one

Definitely do not do just one night. You don't go far enough out to escape the plastic bottles and bags. The bay is beautiful, it is just people that spoil it with their rubbish. We did one night and although the junk was wonderful, we were disappointed with the level of pollution. I know people who have done 2 and 3 nights and this sounds much better. You get further away from the shipping lane and lose some of the other junks. On the one night you only get to one small beach and its not worth getting off the junk for (Tip Top Island). Our junk was an Indochina Sails one and it was very good indeed - no complaints at all with that. I do worry though that a beautiful place is going to be ruined soon unless some kind of anti-pollution law is brought in.