We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halong Cruise

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
18 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Halong Cruise

Hi

Myself and my partner would like to do a 3day/2 night cruise in Bai Tu Long from 6th-8th July 2013. We decided on Dragon's Pearl however it was full for these dates and the week before and after :( we are trying to decide between Prince Junk and Paloma cruise because they both go to this area of the bay and are similarly priced. I have read reviews about Prince and it seems good(do disappointed that the cave dinner is only with Dragin's Pearl :( ) but I cant find many reviews on Paloma. We will be booking through our hotel Hanoi Holiday Diamond. Does anyone have any first hand pros and cons about these two cruises that would help us decide please? we are a couple who are both 25.

Thank you :)

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
26 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Halong Cruise

I used to book Paloma Cruise, it is good. You can see link: http://www.palomacruise.com/

and Prince Junk: http://www.indochina-junk.com/?page_id=2014

Pennsylvania, USA
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Halong Cruise

You should also take a look at Bhaya. They also go to Bai Thu Long Bay and have a nice set of activities for day2.

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
848 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Halong Cruise

Dragon's Pearl is the only one that offer regular dinner in a cave for the two nights. Prince is its sister so you could receive almost the same experience in a smaller boat and because it's smaller, it's a little more expensive. Other boat that do similar program in Bai Tu Long is Treasure Cruise. Paloma and a few other cruises such as Bhaya, Victory Star... cruise 4 hours in Bai Tu Long and then back to Halong. So Paloma is not cruise in the same part with Prince. If you are willing to pay a little more, I suggest that you stick with Prince.

Hanoi, Ha Noi...
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Halong Cruise

Hi Vixn I

Read the itinerary carefully, Paloma Cruise don,t take the route to Bai Tu Long Bay. The just visit the Vung Vieng Fishing village the edge of Bai Tu Long Bay. Dragon Pearl is the genuine operator who operate cruise route to Bai Tu Long Bay.

Have a good trip

Stirling, Scotland
Level Contributor
177 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Halong Cruise

I am looking for a day trip for around ten people. We arrive by cruise ship in halong bay . I am confused as to what will we should be seeing, there are so many options and prices. Can you advise?

Thanks

6. Re: Halong Cruise

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 02 July 2013, 09:35
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
18 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Halong Cruise

Thanks everyone, we decided to hang around Hanoi a few days extra and booked dragon pearl for wen it was available

Sai Gon
Level Contributor
128 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Halong Cruise

Indochina Junks offer some boats sailing through Bai Tu Long. You should contact them directly for which boat available.

Also, The Au Co Cruises do offer an interesting itinerary. Check it out if you are willing to pay extra to stay at this chain

Stirling, Scotland
Level Contributor
177 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Halong Cruise

Thanks, will have a look

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Halong Cruise

Dear Hamish,

All of these above cruises ( Au Co cruise, Paloma, or Bhaya etc.) are overnight cruises, not day cruises. As I know, if you book a 4 hour trip, you can visit Thien Cung and Dau Go cave and have lunch on board. A 6 hour trip will take you to Sung Sot cave and Titop Island. Most of tours depart at 12 p.m ( if your group share boat with others).

In case, your ship comes early, you can book a private day trip for ten of you (obviously it will be more expensive but it is totally private). This private tour can depart at 8 a.m. Some reputable tour operators such as Alova Day cruise or Phoenix Day Cruise can help you.