We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

2D1N 4* Luxury cruise or// 3D2N 3* Deluxe Cruise ?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
126 posts
111 reviews
Save Topic
2D1N 4* Luxury cruise or// 3D2N 3* Deluxe Cruise ?

Hi all,

I've done the research on the cruise and our budget is around low $200 mark per person for the Ha Long Bay cruise...

With that budget, it seems we could go for a 2D1N cruise on a higher end luxury cruise eg. Paloma/Pelican/Paradise or/ 3D2N on a budget cruise eg. V'spirit/Glory...

What do you guys think/recommend? We're 5 adults and will need a double and triple room.

(Our itinerary allows for 2 or 3 days on the cruise!)

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,582 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 2D1N 4* Luxury cruise or// 3D2N 3* Deluxe Cruise ?

Hi K-existence,

Because you need triple rooms, so you should check those cruises:

- Triple room with 3 single beds: Luxury Imperial cruise, Oriental Sails cruise.

- Triple room with one doube and one single bed: Paloma cruise, Phoenix cruise, V'spirit cruise, Alova cruise.

All these cruises mentioned above are 3 STAR cruises (budget cruises) except for Paloma, a 4 STAR cruise.

With your budget, I think you can do 2 days/ 1 night on Paloma or 3 days/ 2 nights on all the rest.

Enjoy your great trip in Halong Bay!

Halong Bay Legends Travel!

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,582 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 2D1N 4* Luxury cruise or// 3D2N 3* Deluxe Cruise ?

Oh, I am sorry having not answered your question: "2D1N 4* Luxury cruise or// 3D2N 3* Deluxe Cruise ?"

It definitely depends on your choice. But personally I think a 3 day/ 2 night tour will be better because it takes 8 hours to travel Hanoi - Halong bay - Hanoi, so you only have one full day in the bay if you do 2 days/ 1 night.

Cheers,

3. Re: 2D1N 4* Luxury cruise or// 3D2N 3* Deluxe Cruise ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 17 September 2013, 10:35
pacific palms
Destination Expert
for Mui Ne
Level Contributor
9,508 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 2D1N 4* Luxury cruise or// 3D2N 3* Deluxe Cruise ?

Elisa you are not permitted to tout for business on these pages. I suggest you remove your posts as they will be seen by travellers as bad business practice.

K-existence, it is a fact that travellers are better off booking direct from the cruise operators rather than an agent. The agent will not be on board to handle any problems you may encounter.

Cheers Ross

Morpeth, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 2D1N 4* Luxury cruise or// 3D2N 3* Deluxe Cruise ?

Hi, I have this year done both the 2d1n and the 3d2n on the V'Spirit, Nov and July.

I would never do the 3n2d again, the 2nd day you get put on a day boat (very dodgy one) taken for some extra kayaking, trip to a pearl farm and the rest of the time you are just parked and left to your own ideas, swimming or sunbaking.

Also The V'Spirit has two boats one rather new the other pretty old and run down which we got the second time..........never again!

I would definitely choose the better Cruise Boats for a shorter time.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
126 posts
111 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 2D1N 4* Luxury cruise or// 3D2N 3* Deluxe Cruise ?

Thank you for that thought Jennifer!

Most people do say to go to the 3D2N cruise over the 2D1N... but I wonder if that will be TOO much time in the bay since we are travelling in Dec and it might be too cool too swim... (given we are from Canada)

Most 3D2N cruises, you are dropped from 8-4pm and it seems like a lot of free time... I won't mind (I personally love to Kayak) but my older parents might get bored... especially if there is nothing to do and they don't want to kayak (How are the waters? Is it easy to kayak... is it always in pairs in the photos?)

Parkwood, Australia
Level Contributor
120 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 2D1N 4* Luxury cruise or// 3D2N 3* Deluxe Cruise ?

Hi

We did 2N 3D on Pelican and were really happy with our choice. Given the round trip by mini bus is 8 hours you barely unpack before leaving to return on the 1N options. Go for the best you can afford for the 2N.

The Kayaking is easy and there is plenty to enjoy. Our day boat from Pelican was really great with a fabulous lunch and all the amenities including towels provided.

8. Re: 2D1N 4* Luxury cruise or// 3D2N 3* Deluxe Cruise ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2013, 12:34
Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,582 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 2D1N 4* Luxury cruise or// 3D2N 3* Deluxe Cruise ?

Hi K-existence,

Kayaking is very easy because all cruises stop at calm water for tourists to kayak. Most kayaks are in pairs unless you are a solo traveler. :)

Happy Halong Bay trip!

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
107 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 2D1N 4* Luxury cruise or// 3D2N 3* Deluxe Cruise ?

Please note that 3 days 2 nights, the second day you will have to move to small basic boat to go further to other place for kayaking or beach, of course when the night go down, of course you guys will return the big ship which you was on the first night. i am strongly advise should try out a night in country side bungalow in Dong Trieu village where you can get close to friendly local culture environment.