We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which cruise to choose for a 3D2N trip

Which Halong Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Kolkata (Calcutta...
Level Contributor
171 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Which cruise to choose for a 3D2N trip

hey all, sorry to post this but I am confused as to which cruise will take me to the lesser crowded areas of the bay. Please help.

Also is it necessary to know swimming for excursions like visiting the beaches and kayaking?

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
1,550 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which cruise to choose for a 3D2N trip

Hi BigB0ssMan,

If you join 3 days/ 2 nights, most cruises will take you to the less travelled Lan Ha bay in the second day of the trip. Or if you prefer a quieter and even less touristic atmosphere, do a trip to Bai Tu Long bay. Cruises that go to Bai Tu Long bay are: Paloma cruise, Dragon's Pearl cruise, Prince cruise, Princess cruise, Treasure junk. Among those cruises, Dragon's Pearl is the most special with dinner in a cave for the second day of the trip. However, cabins on Dragon's Pearl are quite small compared with other cruises.

You don't need to know swimming to do some kayaking. I myself cannot swim but I still do kayaking well :) Tourists will be required to wear life jackets to do kayaking, so it's safe anyway. You will not swim for excursions, either because tourists are not allowed to swim too far from where the cruise stops. Tourists often just swim for fun ^^____^^

Happy Travelling!

Halong Bay Legends Travel!

Edited: 29 September 2013, 03:11
leicester
Level Contributor
1,909 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Which cruise to choose for a 3D2N trip

Dragons Pearl was great when we did the two night trip. Haven't done any of the others so cannot comment if they are good. The food on DP was excellent as was the whole experience. I was very happy with our cabin size and we were rarely in the room anyway. You won't need to swim, life jackets are supplied as well and trips to the beach are done by boat.

Italy
Level Contributor
39,484 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Which cruise to choose for a 3D2N trip

Most of us here have only been on one junk so can't give you a comparison but I was also on the Dragon's pearl and loved it. To get other recommendations use the search box you'll get loads of info for other junks. Also it depends on your budget.

Pennsylvania, USA
Level Contributor
2,058 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Which cruise to choose for a 3D2N trip

No one cruise is right for everyone and no one cruise is ideal year round. The 3 that I tend to like and use over and over again are Indochina Sails, Bhaya, and Indochina Junks.

Indochina Sails: if the three the highest luxury, great if I am going with non-active people who just want to see the bay or if I am going in the winter months. Took my parents on this one.

Bhaya- most active schedule of the three so great if its not winter and I am going with people that want to do things- cycling on Cat Ba and great kayaking on Day 2. Tend to avoid in the winter though.

Indochina Junks, not as luxurious as the other two but has the most swimming opportunities. Better in summer months.

I strongly advise people to look carefully and ask lots of questions as to the schedule. Think about the time of year you are going and what your priorities are and choose from there.

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
2 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Which cruise to choose for a 3D2N trip

My wife and I have stayed on the Prince Junk 2.

We had a fantastic time.

The Prince Junk 2 accommodated 4 couples on our trip and was very relaxing.

As for swimming I was the only one to swim off the boat, a couple of guests went for a swim off the beach where we had lunch.

Note. Dinner in the cave is not offered to PJ2 guests. It is only offered to the larger junks. This didn't worry us too much as the intimacy of the smaller junk was better choice for us.

Below is a link to my review.

tripadvisor.com.au/ShowUserReviews-g293923-d…

Cheers

6. Re: Which cruise to choose for a 3D2N trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2013, 12:34
7. Re: Which cruise to choose for a 3D2N trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2013, 12:53
Connecticut
Level Contributor
90 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Which cruise to choose for a 3D2N trip

Thanks for the review. We r going in late November. Probably just overnight. What does the hi end cruise u recommend cost? Thanks.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
90 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Which cruise to choose for a 3D2N trip

Thanks for the review. We r going in late November. Probably just overnight. What does the hi end cruise u recommend cost? Thanks.

Wollongong...
Level Contributor
2 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Which cruise to choose for a 3D2N trip

I Strongly recommend you don't go for one night only. Many of the reviews that I have read complained about being on the road most of the time with little time cruising, I tend to agree that we would have missed out on a lot if we only went for one night.

Sorry I don't know the prices for November or for the shorter cruise but, March prices for 3D2N was ~$600 US for two persons.

Anyhow follow this link to Indochina Junk Co for further information

www.indochina-junk.com/

Cheers