We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halong Bay 2D/1N Cruise - Indochina Junk

Which Halong Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Halong Bay 2D/1N Cruise - Indochina Junk

Hi there,

I'm hoping someone may be able to offer some advice in regard to the price of the Indochina Junk 2 day / 1 night cruise.

The prices aren't available on their website, so I contacted them directly to get a quote. They have quoted $364 (AUD) for two people in a double cabin in late December 2014. I believe this is on the Dragon Pearl (I'm not sure if different boats are different prices for this particular cruise? They didn't seem to give me any options of different boats) and it also includes transfers from/to Hanoi. Is this a reasonable price?

We like the look of the itinerary with Indochina Junk best and they also seem to have good reviews. We don't mind paying a bit extra to go with a reputable company, however when I search the forums it appears most people have usually paid around $250 for the 2 day / 1 night cruise with this company. Is the time of year perhaps a factor as well?

Thanks in advance.

Emma :)

Taipei, Taiwan
Level Contributor
71 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Halong Bay 2D/1N Cruise - Indochina Junk

Emma, it's better to check around with hotel, agent to compare the prices. Indochina Junk has some different cruises at different prices and change according to low or high season. I think they show you which cruise they will put you on. You also can ask them to quote some others to choose among them.

I heard this company is very good for both service and itinerary.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
147 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Halong Bay 2D/1N Cruise - Indochina Junk

Thank you for the advice, much appreciated :)

leicester
Level Contributor
1,933 posts
191 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Halong Bay 2D/1N Cruise - Indochina Junk

Not sure about the price, but they are a decent company and the trip we did on Dragons Pearl was superb.

Aberdeen, Scotland
Level Contributor
7 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Halong Bay 2D/1N Cruise - Indochina Junk

We were on the Paradise Peak Junk. It was pure luxury. 2 nights 3 days would be better as the journey from Hanoi is long. Book a cabin on the upper decks ad you have a balcony. We booked through the Elegance Hotel Group, and had a magnificent tour of Vietnam.

Munich, Germany
Level Contributor
149 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Halong Bay 2D/1N Cruise - Indochina Junk

December is High Season so the prices go up.

I went in March (still HS) and paid 170 $ inc Transfer.

It was worth it! Highlight of my Trip;)

Hanoi, Vietnam
Level Contributor
848 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Halong Bay 2D/1N Cruise - Indochina Junk

Check for various options and compare. That price is very high for the trip on Dragon's Pearl.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
37 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Halong Bay 2D/1N Cruise - Indochina Junk

This company looks great but what is the typical age group for this company? I'm looking for a young crowd 20s - 30s... I've been quoted 167USD to 255USD for Sept travel which makes me believe it's price prohibitive to younger people.... Various sized ships - Red Dragon, Dragon Pearl, Dragon Legend

yorkshire,
Level Contributor
8 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Halong Bay 2D/1N Cruise - Indochina Junk

I went in June with paradise cruises. Sheer luxury, rose petals on my beautiful double bed and a jacuzzi bath in the en suite. Superb food and entertainment. I consider Paradise the best having looked at the rest. I paid via my total package for vietnam and cambodia so can not tell you the cost.

Singapore
Level Contributor
150 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Halong Bay 2D/1N Cruise - Indochina Junk

We are going on dragon's pearl with this cruise company too. We are quoted around Usd250 per pax for 2 nights which I thought it's reasonable.

10. Re: Halong Bay 2D/1N Cruise - Indochina Junk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 06:16