We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

facilities for mobility issues on Halong Bay Cruises

1 post
Save Topic
facilities for mobility issues on Halong Bay Cruises

I have a muscular problem and very weak quads. I am unable to climb ladders or very high steps. I dont use a cane or frame and can walk fine and cope with normal steps. Can anyone recommend a boat that would be user friendly for me?

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
1,564 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: facilities for mobility issues on Halong Bay Cruises

The bigger shared boats probably aren't suitable as the cabins, restaurant & sundeck are all on different levels, accessed by fairly steep stairs. Your best bet is to either get on a small private boat - eg Bhaya Legend or Violet - or get a suite cabin on a boat like Bhaya Classic, Emeraude or Au Co, where you can get your own private balcony/deck & enjoy the view (& room service) without having to go up & down to various decks. Obviously this will work out a bit more expensive but I always advise people to splurge when they go to Halong anyway - nothing worse than being stuck on an unsatisfactory boat for 2-3 days.

Edited: 03 September 2014, 08:02
2. Re: facilities for mobility issues on Halong Bay Cruises

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 September 2015, 06:15