We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best hotel balconies?

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Best hotel balconies?

For some reason this is important to me. I'm looking in the $60 a night range or there abouts...

Also best retaurant/coffee house balcony?

Kevin

Western Australia...
Level Contributor
726 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best hotel balconies?

In CanTho we loved sitting upstairs on the balcony of the Nam Bo - a restored classic old French Villa at night, looking over the street with the enormous statue of uncle Ho all lit up.

In Hanoi, we had our first breakfast at City View Cafe (about 5 flights up) - amazing view from the balcony over Hoam Kiem Lake.

Can't think of any others.

Leicester
Level Contributor
449 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best hotel balconies?

Apparently room 701 at the Golden Lotus Hotel is supposed to be pretty good at $ 50 per night, 32 Hang Trong St, Hoan Kiem.

www.goldenlotushotel.com.vn

Jordan

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best hotel balconies?

I've found what I'm looking for. The Hanoi elegance 2 has a delightful balcony in room 705. I'm in heaven on May Ma street.

victoria,bc canada
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Best hotel balconies?

Check out the great 360o views from the roof patio- 7th floor-- at The Church Hotel, ($45 dbl) near St Joseph's Cathedral on Nha Tro St about a block west of Hoan Kiem Lake in Hanoi

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,798 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best hotel balconies?

Saxe- thanks again for another (great) recommendation for a hotel-

Coolum Beach...
Level Contributor
3,292 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Best hotel balconies?

Guys,

St Josephs Catheral is quite a beautiful peice of Architecture!----worth a look in there! Did the bells chiming at 4.30am wake you from blissful sleep,sax---I can hear them from one of the hotels I stay at when I stay in Hanoi!

The VN day starts not long after this event---followed shortly afterwards by the rowdy propaganda vehicles that tell all Hanoi residents what they should do that day ---which is largely ignored by them!

plover

victoria,bc canada
Level Contributor
103 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Best hotel balconies?

Hi all

We were at The Church (hotel) for a few days just before Tet last month . In fact after a nice stroll around Hoan Kiem Lake( with most of the population of Hanoi..) my bride and I had a couple of beverages and watched a fantastic New Year's eve fireworks display from that patio late on 16Feb. Wonderful time to be in Hanoi!

Plover

Funny I don't remember those bells from St Joe's being a bother at all - maybe due to the great refreshment deals I was getting around the corner from that little fixed price minimart...? Enjoy your upcoming visit(s) !

singapore
Level Contributor
71 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Best hotel balconies?

hey, woah. the description of the church hotel is getting me really interested man. ive a question though. i read about their room in the top floor. do they cater rooms for like 4 people?

hanoi
7 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Best hotel balconies?

look for the room No 501 or No 401 in pacific hotel in hanoi

www.pacifchotel.com.vn

pgh, pa
Destination Expert
for Da Nang
Level Contributor
2,696 posts
185 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Best hotel balconies?

Oreg,

My fave is the Saigon Morin in Hue city. The French style rooms are beautiful and the view of the river, if you get it, and the tree lined streets are magnifico!

Drifter