We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hellohanoi

Leicester
Level Contributor
449 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
hellohanoi

Has anybody taken a look at www.hellohanoi.org

They have a pretty useful website and they will take you on a tour of Hanoi free of charge with their student volunteers. Seems a great way to have a look at the city if you are worried about being taken somewhere you may not really want to go

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,800 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hellohanoi

Hey JBC- was it you who recommended this site a while back- I've got it bookmarked - it's a great looking website and the kids look really helpful and friendly.

Leicester
Level Contributor
449 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hellohanoi

I cant remember Maz. I`ve done so much research this time I`ve probably started repeating myself.

BTW when do you travel or have you been yet?

Jordan

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,800 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hellohanoi

i was in hanoi and sapa last August but I'm going back to see some more end July and August this year. Looking forward to it that's for sure.

Leicester
Level Contributor
449 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hellohanoi

April 7 for me. Doing the north to south this time via Hoian

The countdown has begun!

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,800 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: hellohanoi

hi JBC1

is this your first trip over this way (so to speak)

you must ge getting so excited- really not long to go- do you have everything ready to go-

Leicester
Level Contributor
449 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hellohanoi

Hi Maz, I had a four day try out in Saigon two years ago and have been itching to get back to see a bit more ever since.

Its a long time since I got hooked on a country, probably not since I went to Thailand in 1984. I think its wonderful when you get that feeling about a place thats difficult to explain to people who have never been there.

I imagine that it could end up a bit like Thailand eventually with all the development going on and I wish I`d been there sooner but raising a young family meant taking a couple of years out. Hopefully in the not too distant future I will bring along one of my daughters with me to experience things. For now I`m grateful to get away on my own for a couple of weeks a year, that way I can cram a lot more in

I think I`ve got every angle covered, part DIY and part organised for me purely to save time when I`m there, all flights and hotels booked apart from Saigon which I havent quite chosen yet coz theres so much choice now, the Ha Hien has been my first pick for a while though although trying to get a reply to an email is a bit like pulling teeth.

Just got to get a suitcase out of the attic and I`m ready, expect an honest insight late April that people will find useful

Jordan

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
6,800 posts
159 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hellohanoi

Hi JBC

I'm doing the same as you- part booked part DIY- i'm travelling first part with my husband then he'll come home and my daugher will fly over and we'll continue on together but we don't leave until end July so I'll be looking forward to your report when you return in April.

I think you're right about it ending up a bit like Thailand but hopefully it'll be a while yet, although I dearly love thailand too.

I've got the Ha Hien down in my notes as one of my preferred hotels too - will be interested to hear what you end up with and how you find it -

So, less than a month- that will fly by for you.

Dorrigo Australia
12 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: hellohanoi

JBC1

I did check this site & keen to assist with their endevors however my emails remain unanswered ,also in Vietnam in April .Enjoy!

Bradels

Leicester
Level Contributor
449 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: hellohanoi

thanks both, cant wait

Hanoi
8 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: hellohanoi

hi everybody!

I'm Hieu. I'm from Hellohanoi.

Thank you for your good recommendation about us.

@ bradels: I'm so sorry because of this inconvenience. I'm not the man that kept the pass of the email :( so I can't reply sooner. I think that the man that kept the pass pf the email is too busy with preparation for the college entrance exam. Anyway, you are always welcome. Thank you for contacting us.

Hieu Nguyen.