We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hanoi Hotels

Iowa
1 post
Save Topic
Hanoi Hotels

Hello, we will be traveling to Hanoi for 2-2.5 weeks. I am looking for a hotel that is nice, has a reasonable price, private bath, somewhat large rooms. Any sugguestions. I have looked at so many it is so hard to pick one! Thanks. Lynae

Sydney
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Hanoi Hotels

Hi!

We stayed at the Hanoi Elegance 2 hotel www.hanoielegancehotel.com for 5 days from the 5th of march until the 10th and cannot recommend this place enough!!

We were met at the airport by the hotel driver who took us to the Elegance 2 at 85 Mamay street. From the moment we step foot into the hotel we felt like part of the family. Mr. Dan & Mr. Hoang were there to welcome us and showed me all facilities including the fine eating room, the free Wifi internet corner, the lift to the room etc. We stayed in room 305 which was a big room with the quality of the rooms being of a 3 - 4 star standard.

The breakfast at the restaurant every morning was of a very high standard which were great to start a new day. Mamay is a relatively quieter street which is full of travel agents and nice restaurants. The Restored ancient house next door at No. 83 is a very interesting place in particular.

All the staff at the hotel do a wonderful job and are very helpful in any means possible. Mr Hoang even went out of the way to help buy us the tickets for the late water puppet show in an evening.

There is just no way i can really express how much we all loved this hotel you will just have to check it out for yourself. we are already trying to plan another trip back to visit Hanoi and everyone at the Hanoi Elegance.

Good luck,

Hanoi
Level Contributor
106 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hanoi Hotels

What kind of hotel you want to stay at? Fortuna, Platinum I, Platinum II, Hoa Binh Palace hotel... are great. They are 3 or 4 star hotel. I appreciate their service. Let's try these hotels in Hanoi.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
245 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hanoi Hotels

I too stayed at the HN Elegance 2. It was okay but there were a couple of issues which I will mention in a separate review. I personally did not like the narrow streets of the Old Quarter (i.e. Ma May, Hang Bac, etc...). Pho Hang Trong (Drum) and Pho Nha Tho (Church) are wider, trendier, are quieter streets.

Sydney
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Hanoi Hotels

I tried to get into the Elegance 2 but they were full, I stayed around the corner at the Elegance 1 in Hang Bac street. I found this place to be the best value for money approx $30 USD a night. I was in Vietnam for 2 weeks, got back last week. I didn't pre book any accomodation, and had terrible trouble finding rooms at hotels like this because they were always booked out. So having said that, I saw approx 15 different Hanoi hotels trying to find rooms.

Cheaper hotels are easier to get and these are usually at $20 a night, but not usually so clean and comfortable, so for $10 more I would recommend the Elegance.

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hanoi Hotels

hi nae060802,

i just spent a few days in the elegance 2 hotel in hanoi.

the front room was lovely , we had room 305 , it had a spa bath and all with it . you have a balcony out to the street , but this door has wooden shutters over the french glass doors which keeps out 99% of the noise and 100 % of the light . ( makes it feel like night in the morning , which can be unhelpfull if you need to get up early . lol )

the staff where " THE BEST " always asking if we needed anything .

also in a great location .

i can highly recomend this hotel , by memory i think our superior room cost us US$45 a night .

cheers

batt

nunya
Level Contributor
6,873 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hanoi Hotels

hi travlgrl-7

and they say just go in and get a room !

we saw so many people trudging with luggage , from hotel to hotel trying to find somewhere to stay and not having any luck after waling for ages !

immmm soooooooo glad i pre - booked all my rooms and still got it at a cheap price , saving a few lousy $$ , just isnt worth that hassle

cheers

batt

Leicester
Level Contributor
455 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hanoi Hotels

I stayed at the Church hotel on Nha Tho 2 weeks ago and the superior rooms are really good. The location is good as well, the street is wide, has good eating places and the cathedral is at the top of the road. The lake is barely a 5 minute walk away.

The staff were very friendly and helpful when you needed them to be and I liked the fact that there is no travel agent attached to them so there was no pressure to take tours. The whole of the old quarter is on the doorstep.

One of the best things about this hotel are the beds. Normally it takes me at least 2 nights to get used to a new bed but I slept like a baby from the first night, Vietnamese beds are notoriously hard but this was just the right side of firm.

At $45 per night it is not the cheapest option but I would seriously consider staying here again.

I will post a full review when I get back to the UK

Jordan

Cornwall, United...
Level Contributor
116 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Hanoi Hotels

Hi, My husband and I have just returned from Hanoi. We stayed in the Sofitel Metropole and it was fantastic. The food, the service, the rooms, the pool......everything was fantastic.

Regards,

Jane

Los Angeles
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hanoi Hotels

For those of you who stayed at the Hanoi Elegance 2...are the rooms air conditioned? We have reservations in August and I don't see any signs on any of the literature that they are.

Thanks

ksp2

NY
9 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Hanoi Hotels

I was in Hanoi in Jan & you need to stay in the Old Quarter. I stayed at the Prince 1 hotel & its in a great location - USD $25 for front rroms that face the street & have a small balcony. There is a great hair salon at the corner where you can get foot massage for $5. If you are staying for 3 days plus att he Prince, they also pick you at the airport for free. If under 3 days, then you have to pay $10. The old quarter is about 45 mins from the airport. The hotel is clean & the staff are very helpful. If money no object, you can stay at the Metropole which is reminiscent of the French colonal era. Room there is $150 - also in the old quarter, actually afjacent not in the heart of the quarter.