We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hanoi - Circus Troupe Lenin Park

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
603 posts
166 reviews
Save Topic
Hanoi - Circus Troupe Lenin Park

Has anyone been to the Circus at Lenin Park in Hanoi. We are travelling with a child and wandered whether this was worth a visit I have read they hold a special show for children on Sundays? If you have been or know whether they still operate please advise.

Western Australia...
Level Contributor
726 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hanoi - Circus Troupe Lenin Park

Hi holiday - they were still operating when we were there April 06. However, the days they were open were different to what the latest Lonely Planet guide had so we were disappointed when we got there to find them shut. So check on opening days and times.

However, we were very very lucky as on our last night in Hanoi we went to a "burger" place (I know! but were hanging out for western junk food after 4 weeks in VN!) and the circus were performing right in front of us!!! on a stage set up near to the lake. (it was a major people's conference thing happening at the time).

And they were truly incredible! very very talented. we only saw the acrobatics but that was just awesome.

So yes, if the circus is still going (and I can't imagine that it wouldn't be) it's worth visiting!

Hanoi
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Hanoi - Circus Troupe Lenin Park

The circus is very entertaining and my son was excited to see it.

They have a special show on Sunday morning at 9am and that's the best one.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
603 posts
166 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hanoi - Circus Troupe Lenin Park

Thanks Motorbikevietnam,

We will be in Hanoi on a Sunday and thought it might be worth going. I have found the Lonely planet to be a little outdated at times with prices and details.

Cheers

4. Re: Hanoi - Circus Troupe Lenin Park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2009, 13:16