We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hanoi Hotels -- Narrow down choices beyond Metropole

Milwaukee, WI
Level Contributor
597 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Hanoi Hotels -- Narrow down choices beyond Metropole

First, we tried to book the Metropole in Hanoi, but it is full for our dates. Then looked at the Hilton Opera House which has a pool.

But sometimes, we want a little more of the flavor of the country -- so considering Golden Lotus Hotel or Church Hotel. Of my 3 choices, which is best for location, native ambiance, etc. We also hope to "walk" to most sites in Hanoi, if possible so location is one of our utmost considerations.

We are going in October and wonder whether the pool at the Hilton is worthwhile (only 2 nights with Halong Bay trip planned) or whether a balcony at the Golden Lotus would suffice.

Thanks for any input you can provide.

Boston...
Level Contributor
512 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hanoi Hotels -- Narrow down choices beyond Metropole

I was dealing with a very similar situation. I have heard that the Sofitel Metropole is way above all other hotels in Hanoi, so I split up my trip and am staying there 2 nights and at the Golden Lotus for 2 nights. All 3 of these hotels book up quickly, so you should book soon if you haven't already.

After checking with people who have stayed at these places, they highly recommend Golden Lotus as a 2nd choice. They say that the location could not be better. I have heard more mixed things about the Hilton. Church gets good reviews, but tends to fill up and the service is not supposed to be as good.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
74 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hanoi Hotels -- Narrow down choices beyond Metropole

We have booked Anise Hotel , FWIW. Brand new hotel in Old area.

Paying U$ about 37 pn. Boutique hote. Check it out.

3. Re: Hanoi Hotels -- Narrow down choices beyond Metropole

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 September 2009, 21:20