We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Domestic Flights Vietnam

Lancs, UK
14 posts
Save Topic
Domestic Flights Vietnam

I am looking to visit Vietnam next year and plan on visiting Ho Chi Minh / Nha Trang and Phu Quoc - Vietnam airlines website does not let you book on line and some of the vietnam touristy websites that can book flights want copies of credit card front and back which I am not keen on sending.

Can anyone advise how easy it is to book flights whilst in Ho chi minh and what the prices are.

Any advise would be greatly appreciated.

Jackie

Mentioned in this post
Nha Trang
Nha Trang
Khanh Hoa Province, Vietnam
Hanoi Free Tour Guides - Private Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Cultural Tours
Vietnam in Focus
Sightseeing Tours, Photography Tours
Manchester
Level Contributor
458 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Domestic Flights Vietnam

If you have a hotel booked in Vietnam then they may help you out with this - we are going next month and out hotel have arranged all of our internal flights.

You can actually buy tickets online at

http://www.vietnamairlines.uk.com

but this is only an agent that buys tickets for you and the prices are sometimes twice what you can get whilst in the country. Example Nha Trang to HCM booked in Vietnam is about £25 ($50) but on this site is about £60 ($120) But you can at least book if you don't fancy waiting until you get there. Especially if you are travelling in peak season.

2. Re: Domestic Flights Vietnam

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 November 2007, 12:40
Lancs, UK
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Domestic Flights Vietnam

Do you think it is quite easy to book flights whilst in Vietnam - do they always have availability??

4. Re: Domestic Flights Vietnam

TripAdvisor staff removed this post either because the author requested it, or because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Sudney
Level Contributor
40 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Domestic Flights Vietnam

You can book online at pacific airlines although not sure if they fly to Phu Quoc. They are cheaper than VA and were reliable when we used them.

6. Re: Domestic Flights Vietnam

Malaysia
Level Contributor
9,616 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Domestic Flights Vietnam

With so much fraud

With so many frauds happening on cards transaction.

Never ever revealed card details over the net.

Do not know what problems will follow suit.

Massachusetts
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Domestic Flights Vietnam

Hi Jackie:

I have had the same problem since Vietnam Airlines only issues paper tickets and not e tickets directly on the computer.

I needed to buy 2 flights within Vietnam for my trip that begins on Nov 26, 2007.

I bought my Saigon - Da Nang flight on Pacific Airways which can be puchased directly on the computer thru their airline Website. It is safe to give them your credit card. This one way ticket was $47.00 USD

I am planning to purchase my other ticket Hue - Hanoi on Vietnam Airlines since Pacific Airways only flies out of Saigon. I am going to use IVIVU.com which is a Vietnamese Travel Agency. I will be sending them the money for this ticket via Western Union (no credit cards), prepaid as i am afraid to wait till I get to Saigon to first buy a ticket since the flight could be booked. If you have any further questions email me at: ESIZE5@aol.com (Ellen)

West Australia
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Domestic Flights Vietnam

Vietnam Airlines was great to fly with , great service, actually had food on a 1 hour flight and the girls are stunning. It costs 50US half way up down the country and 100US from Hanoi to Saigon. (and they like you to use US$)

I suggest you get the hotel staff to organise ticket for you when you arrive. They fly constantly , courtesy of a goverenment owned airline, and unless it some particulatr holiday when you are going I wouldn't be concerned about getting tickets till you are there. Internet is unreliable I found in Vietnam so phone is the best with a native speaker.

Walnut Creek, Ca
Level Contributor
155 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Domestic Flights Vietnam

HI ESIZE5,

Can you give me the website of Pacific Airways? Can't seem to find it. I am planning to make a trip from HCMC to Hanoi. Thanks.